Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Navigraph for MSF beta has begun

10 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

You have to redownload from the forums I believe.

Ok, thanks for the heads up!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

For me, beta 3 caused a CTD every time. This has been fixed in beta 7 - haven't tried beta 8 yet. Load times are still increased by several minutes but they say that is a priority they are working on.

So far so good.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I've just subscribed to Navigraph and it's awesome but i can't seem to find out how to register for the forums?  My Navigraph credentials don;t seem to get me in ... any advice?

8 minutes ago, AndrewM said:

I've just subscribed to Navigraph and it's awesome but i can't seem to find out how to register for the forums?  My Navigraph credentials don;t seem to get me in ... any advice?

If you are talking about the beta, you need to apply to get in.

Just now, AndrewM said:

Ah.  I thought you needed to visit the support forums which I seem unable to login to at all ...

You should be able to access the support forums since you have a subscription.

2 hours ago, AndrewM said:

Ah.  I thought you needed to visit the support forums which I seem unable to login to at all ...

Your Navigraph credentials should get you into the forums. They did for me anyway.

Yes mine are the same also.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm an annual subscriber for more than 2 years now, I downloaded the beta, it detected MSFS and updated it, but the database in the A320 itself didn't get updated, so I guess it only updates the database of the sim which is useless for me. 

4 hours ago, XeroHertZ said:

I'm an annual subscriber for more than 2 years now, I downloaded the beta, it detected MSFS and updated it, but the database in the A320 itself didn't get updated, so I guess it only updates the database of the sim which is useless for me. 

I read on the Navigraph forum a few days ago that the date you are seeing is an error in the MCDU. Not sure if it is updated, but not displaying the correct info or if it wasn't updated.

The beta forum seems to be really active, so you should report your issues there. Also, it looks like they have been iterating quite a bit and are already on beta version 9.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

2 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

I read on the Navigraph forum a few days ago that the date you are seeing is an error in the MCDU. Not sure if it is updated, but not displaying the correct info or if it wasn't updated.

The beta forum seems to be really active, so you should report your issues there. Also, it looks like they have been iterating quite a bit and are already on beta version 9.

Thanks for the info @duckbilled. I’ll check the forums and report the issue. Appreciate your feedback 🙂

This does technically add a lot of missing airports, though just their runways. So you can at least do landings and take offs from them. As long as said runways don't cut through residential areas, or you're going to hit some houses.

Edited by Tuskin38

8 hours ago, XeroHertZ said:

Thanks for the info @duckbilled. I’ll check the forums and report the issue. Appreciate your feedback 🙂

They’re already aware - no need to. Well known now that the page on the A320 FMS is hard coded and doesn’t update with the nav data.

On 9/12/2020 at 5:39 AM, XeroHertZ said:

It may be useless now because the default aircraft have features missing, but once quality 3rd party aircraft are released, Navigraph will be a necessity. Since the beta is free to existing Navigraph users, the point of it being released is to shore up the weak default navigation database in MSFS before the 3rd party aircraft are released.

It seems evident to me that we are headed down the same road with MSFS as we were with FSX. The default sim is sufficient to please the casual users, but there is ample room to improve MSFS and not just by adding more eye candy like the Eiffel Tower, football stadiums and a Godzilla mod. And just like FSX, the casual users will either eventually drift off to the next hot new video game that's released or they will graduate to the user group that appreciates a realistic flight sim.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, vgbaron said:

Load times are still increased by several minutes but they say that is a priority they are working on.

So far so good.

Vic

Would this increase in load times be a permanent feature, or is it a one-time thing?

I assume it's permanent because more data = more time to load, but I don't know what this sim does with its navdata.  It might put it in a database somewhere, that is accessed much more quickly.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB