Sign in to follow this  
captain420

YourControl - Shared Cockpit project for MSFS!

For you guys who are curious about shared cockpit, there's a github project called YourControl. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but it looks promising!

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just tried this out with a friend in the TBM and it works! 

https://github.com/Sequal32/yourcontrols

He is constantly updating and improving it.

The latest update released yesterday brings the FBW A32NX and the G3000 into synchronization.

• Like 1

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

7 hours ago, Dean19 said:

Just tried this out with a friend in the TBM and it works! 

https://github.com/Sequal32/yourcontrols

He is constantly updating and improving it.

The latest update released yesterday brings the FBW A32NX and the G3000 into synchronization.

Wow really? So no problems at all between synchronization??? I've been really wanting to try shared cockpit flight in the TBM with a friend. But was afraid of stability.

Is this mod compatible with working-title g3000?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

14 hours ago, captain420 said:

I just had a look at the source.   It looks like it's reading various simvars to intercept the actions being performed in the glass cockpits and mirror them to the other end.  You can check out these yaml files to get an idea what it's monitoring.  For the G3000 it's going to be mostly in ASCommon.yaml and AS3000.yaml.   Unfortunately, for some of what we do in the WT systems we use alternate or additional variables that this won't know about, so it won't sync, for example, the map orientation.

Fortunately, it looks like it's pretty well designed in terms of being easy to modify and extend, so it wouldn't be hard to make it work with modified avionics.

• Like 1

Would it be possible for the working-title team to collaborate together on this to ensure that both mods will play nicely with each other? They do have their own discord as well.

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Would it be possible for the working-title team to collaborate together on this to ensure that both mods will play nicely with each other? They do have their own discord as well.

Yeah, I think we can make that happen. 🙂   I can help with the G1000 no problem.  @aznricepuff knows the G3000 changes better but if he doesn't have time I can lend an assist with that, too.

I'll bring it up on our server.

• Like 1

That sounds great. Do you need me to contact the dev of YourControl on working-title's behalf regarding this?

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Do you need me to contact the dev of YourControl on working-title's behalf regarding this?

I've just joined their server. 🙂   Thanks though!

• Like 1

Fantastic! No problem! 🙂 You guys are working-title are amazing and keep up the excellent work! Without you, the sim planes wouldn't be as fun to fly!

Love it! 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

17 hours ago, captain420 said:

Wow really? So no problems at all between synchronization??? I've been really wanting to try shared cockpit flight in the TBM with a friend. But was afraid of stability.

We were able to do some pattern work, switching control between us and taking turns landing and touch and goes. It works really well as is but it can definitely be improved. The default G3000 seems to be fully in sync, radio frequencies, most of the PFD and MFD buttons, AP controls, and even the map zoom is in sync. 

One issue we encountered while cruising at 7000' in the TBM on AP. When I switched control over to my friend, the plane took a sudden nose dive and overstressed crash. I don't know if this is an issue with the shared cockpit program or the aircraft itself. We'll keep testing it with the ultimate goal of doing a shared cockpit flight on Vatsim one day. 

• Like 1

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

25 minutes ago, Dean19 said:

We were able to do some pattern work, switching control between us and taking turns landing and touch and goes. It works really well as is but it can definitely be improved. The default G3000 seems to be fully in sync, radio frequencies, most of the PFD and MFD buttons, AP controls, and even the map zoom is in sync. 

One issue we encountered while cruising at 7000' in the TBM on AP. When I switched control over to my friend, the plane took a sudden nose dive and overstressed crash. I don't know if this is an issue with the shared cockpit program or the aircraft itself. We'll keep testing it with the ultimate goal of doing a shared cockpit flight on Vatsim one day. 

Make sure you report any bugs to the dev so they can quickly fix it. They have a discord and thats the best way to submit bug reports.

13 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Make sure you report any bugs to the dev so they can quickly fix it. They have a discord and thats the best way to submit bug reports.

Sure will 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Yeah, I think we can make that happen. 🙂   I can help with the G1000 no problem.  @aznricepuff knows the G3000 changes better but if he doesn't have time I can lend an assist with that, too.

I'll bring it up on our server.

This is great! Thanks for taking a look and giving it a shot. Hope all goes well!

• Like 1