Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XP 11.50 FINAL RTM is out now.

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Honestly I think he needs to write his own flight sim, because than it will be perfect.

Absolutely If he starts now he should have it perfected by Christmas 2050

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

10 hours ago, mSparks said:

I personally think a nearly everything in this list is actually intentional. More so since it was stated that the current overhaul was going to trial out next gen technology without changing the appearance of xp any way.

The only thing in his list that bothers me personally is the cardboard trees. Specifically, the radioactive lighting glitch that Laminar has never bothered to fix.

My personal list, and it doesn't rise to the level of "sim killing" would be how the weather is modeled in the sim. Or rather, not modeled.

They had to leave something to get people to cough up for xp12.

A truly next-gen weather engine would do it for me, instead of this lame "2D pancake surrounding the plane" system we've had for years. Procedural seasons would be icing on the cake.

It would be nice to see some improvement in the scenery engine, but I don't know how far XP can go with strictly procedural scenery. A vastly expanded set of default trees, vegetation, and region-specific autogen for buildings would sure help. Just take a look at the free Japan Pro scenery to see what just a small change in the building types and roof colors can do for plausible scenery. It will never look like the photogrammetry stuff in MSFS, but not all of us need that.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

All i am gonna say is, in XP12 we trust 😛 and hope.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

20 hours ago, Paraffin said:

that Laminar has never bothered to fix.

lots of different 3rd parties have put effort into the trees.

I use currently use HD forests for assets (freeware).

There is also now

https://www.global-forests.com/

which I haven't had the opportunity to try yet but looks very promising.

All of which are absolutely begging to make use of Vulkan and RTX cards.

A truly next-gen weather engine

Keep an eye on:

There is still a lot of effort going into that, and I'm more than satisfied with my linux fork which adds gradual transitions and works incredibly well with current weather sucked from the free noaa plugin. In fact it works so well I would hazard that Laminar are going to struggle to better it even now, let alone after its next update due very soon(TM). I was flying through TCU and turbulence over the Croatian coast yesterday about 30 mins after a friend who is chillin there sent us actual pictures of them.

It will never look like the photogrammetry stuff in MSFS

I for one hope it never does. MSFS has that base covered.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

X-plane is the flight sim of the future. As hard as microsoft tries, it will never take down x-plane. X-plane 11.50 is great! Love it.

MSFS2020 is a big money pit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

I for one hope it never does. MSFS has that base covered.

X-Plane :-):

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/48103-flying-pig-2018/

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bulva said:

GastroExudos PFTT-100 is now the most commonly produced gas turbine in production.

Both highly realistic, with 3d cockpit, and not against science in any way, 

I was however referencing the MSFS NY photogrammetry towards the end.

AutoATC Developer

You don't need to apologise.  But that kind of thinking doesn't make sense.  Did you buy FS2020 to fix P3D's problems?  Did you buy P3D to fix FSX problems?  Vulkan/Metal is newly implemented, and it is the foundation for what is to come in XP12.  But who am I to try to convince you.  I've seen your posts in the FS2020 forums, and it appears you've given up on X-Plane completely.  In that case, enjoy FS2020 and what it brings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, leon310 said:

X-plane is the flight sim of the future. As hard as microsoft tries, it will never take down x-plane. X-plane 11.50 is great! Love it.

MSFS2020 is a big money pit.

Love your positive attitude regarding X Plane. This sim is the only way to go.  Happy Flying.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Greazer said:

Sorry not buying XP12 to fix XP11 bugs.  Not acceptable, at all.  

But then, just to make us all super happy,

maybe you wont be able to "buy" XP12 at all.

Maybe it will be subscription, like XP10 mobile. Really Really hope not - and I probably wont throw much at it if it is, but what you and I find acceptable does not a market make.

AutoATC Developer

Darn trolls.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Xp12 and future versions will be offered as free updates for xp.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

53 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Xp12 and future versions will be offered as free updates for xp.

They did do that for a time for XP11 from XP10 (buy XP10 get a free XP11 licence).

I'd get a second XP11 licence today if it was already announced but the buy page does still say

• Free internet updates for all versions of 11.xx, including airport improvements

AutoATC Developer

And they also offer a Tesla with it !

Jokes appart, I wouldn't really mind if they went subscription-based, provided the update rate was increased...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...