Sign in to follow this  
ZIPPOzi

Is it safe to buy a FS2020 key licence?

My one month xbox pass is going to expire soon, I wonder if I can buy a FS2020 key, seen I've already installed the game by Microsoft Store. Is it possible to buy a key from one of the shops suggested in allkeyshop .com? Is it safe? Do they works? Have you any site to recomend? Or is better the official Store? Do i need to reinstall all the game or it's ok to buy just the key? Thank you for your kind reply, sorry for the hundred questions.. 🙂

Edited by ZIPPOzi

3 minutes ago, ZIPPOzi said:

My one month xbox pass is going to expire soon, I wonder if I can buy a FS2020 key, seen I've already installed the game by Microsoft Store. Is it possible to buy a key from one of the shops suggested in allkeyshop .com? Is it safe? Do they works? Have you any site to recomend? Or is better the official Store? Do i need to reinstall all the game or it's ok to buy just the key? Thank you for your kind reply, sorry for the hundred questions.. 🙂

Just buy the game in the X-Box app (or Windows Store), it will unlock the sim and you may cancel your Game Pass.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I'd say going legit to the MS Store is the way to go.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Why not just keep the xbox pass going for another month or so, its only like $5.00 AU . Maybe come xmas time bargains might be had unlikely but you never know .

Resale websites are a notorious money laundering method.

People buy keys from legitimate sellers like MS and Steam using stolen credit card details. They list them on sites like the one you quoted and sell them at a loss to turn the dirty money into clean cash.

You will not have an issue until the card provider deals with the stolen card, at which point your key will no longer be valid as it's a Proceed of Crime.

(Source: I'm an accountant)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

16 minutes ago, wainwj said:

Resale websites are a notorious money laundering method.

People buy keys from legitimate sellers like MS and Steam using stolen credit card details. They list them on sites like the one you quoted and sell them at a loss to turn the dirty money into clean cash.

You will not have an issue until the card provider deals with the stolen card, at which point your key will no longer be valid as it's a Proceed of Crime.

(Source: I'm an accountant)

So much this. Avoid these unlicensed stores like plague. Not only they list keys purchased with stolen credit cards, but have also sold stolen keys which makes them directly part of the warez business. At best, the cheap keys are ”grey” which means they have been bought originally from lower regional pricing countries/areas.

Sure, your key might activate fine, even work indefinitely, but at worst it may cause your Steam account locked long after activating the criminally acquired key.

More than thinking the risks of losing your account and/or software license, everyone should ask themselves if they really want to support business model which is tied closely to criminal activity? I sure don’t.

More useful info here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/keyresellers

Edited by TheGrunt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There are lots of legit resellers out there (well quite a few anyway) that are actually approved by the publishing houses. Look for those as you can still often get much better deals than buying direct...but it depends on the title and timing of course. I wouldn't expect to save more than a few dollars at best right now on MSFS.

I've often used Fanatical myself.

Here's just a quick & dirty list found with a google search: https://www.epicbundle.com/official-steam-reseller/

Edited by hangar

If all else fails, Steam have a Halloween sale coming up.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

And after a short bit of time usually MS will offer discounts on purchases for Xbox Game Pass people.

17 minutes ago, hangar said:

There are lots of legit resellers out there (well quite a few anyway) that are actually approved by the publishing houses. Look for those as you can still often get much better deals than buying direct...but it depends on the title and timing of course. I wouldn't expect to save more than a few dollars at best right now on MSFS.

The magic word is licensed reseller. G2A, Kinguin and every similar key marketplace isn’t. CDKeys isn’t licensed either, but it isn’t a marketplace, but namely a grey key seller. No one knows where the keys come from, but most likely they are taking advantage of regional pricing differences. I wouldn’t still put a dime in their pocket either, but its everyone’s choice if shady business model bothers or not.

Just use isthereanydeal.com or look approved sellers r/GameDeals. Every single seller listed in either of those is a safe storefront to buy and keys are obtained from reliable sources.

Edited by TheGrunt

9 minutes ago, TheGrunt said:

The magic word is licensed reseller. G2A, Kinguin and every similar key marketplace isn’t

Heh, did you even look at the link I provided above? I think not 🙂

The word, technically, is "authorized". The link I posted above provides this. G2A, Kinguin and the like are not on that list as one can see.

The reddit post while popular is not always accurate in terms of a reseller being "authorized" from the articles I've read about in the past...but perhaps they've cleaned it up? I wouldn't know, tbh.

Edited by hangar

9 minutes ago, hangar said:

Heh, did you even look at the link I provided above? I think not 🙂

The word, technically, is "authorized". The link I posted above provides this. G2A, Kinguin and the like are not on that list as one can see.

The reddit post while popular is not always accurate in terms of a reseller being "authorized" from the articles I've read about in the past...but perhaps they've cleaned it up? I wouldn't know, tbh.

Yes, I saw it. I didn’t actually reply directly to your post, but as you spoke true words about authorized sellers, I used your perfectly fine post to clarify how to find them easily, compare prices and what is the difference between G2A and for example CDKeys.

And yes, authorized is a the proper term. The probably doesn’t have any true license 🙂

Isthereanydeal.com is a great place to find the cheapest price among authorized sellers (or check the all time cheapest price for example to see if the deal is good).

Edit: And yes, Fanatical is a great store. Especially their Featured/Star Deals can be amazing!

Edited by TheGrunt