Sign in to follow this  
BrunoAlexander

If I own the PC edition do I own the xbox edition too?

If you bought it on the Microsoft store, yes

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ

Q: If I buy the simulator for PC will I be able to play on my Xbox when it is released? Is this an Xbox Play Anywhere title?

A: The Play Anywhere is a new initiative by Microsoft to combine platforms of gaming, letting Xbox gamers play on PC with any first-party Microsoft Studios published game that is digitally purchased and vice versa. Microsoft Simulator is an XPA title.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Im glad I saw this, I dont have the game yet but after seeing this I'll get it from the MS Store because that leave the option open for me to play on XBSX should I decide to get one (still deciding on that vs. PS5). So yea, thanks for that info!

• Like 1

One question jumps into my mind ?

Will the sim for the PC be the same as for the X Box Series X ??? - and the answer shown above does

not indicate that the the 2 sims are the same  - only that a copy for the  X box under under XPA titles

can be had - FOC - if one is purchased for the other platform  - i.e. PC - or issued free in Games Pass.

I doubt it - because I think the sim for the X Box series X is tailored for that console - meaning 2 separate downloads - 

but would love to be corrected😉

As far as the OP is concerned the answer is yes - it will be a freebie - but I won't comment if the purchased one 

say is standard - and you want the Premiere de-luxe for the other.

36 minutes ago, jaytee73 said:

One question jumps into my mind ?

Will the sim for the PC be the same as for the X Box Series X ??? - and the answer shown above does

not indicate that the the 2 sims are the same  - only that a copy for the  X box under under XPA titles

can be had - FOC - if one is purchased for the other platform  - i.e. PC - or issued free in Games Pass.

I doubt it - because I think the sim for the X Box series X is tailored for that console - meaning 2 separate downloads - 

but would love to be corrected😉

As far as the OP is concerned the answer is yes - it will be a freebie - but I won't comment if the purchased one 

say is standard - and you want the Premiere de-luxe for the other.

This will be the same...for it is an XPA game..and that means that you can run it on either platform...as you bought it.  There is no 'trimmed' or down-sized ''custom Xbox X' version...that some I think, are anticipating with running it on Xbox X.  Nope..the exact same code, byte for byte. That is why MS spec'ed Xbox X to be able to run MSFS at full Ultra.  I was going to pick up an RTX3070, but have decided not to...  I can have an entire 'other' portable system that can be taken anywhere in my house, or away from my house...and no longer will be tied to my desktop.  Same price...as one 3070.  Done deal!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

You will have to download again. Code will not be identical. There will be no Community folder on Xbox as it is a closed system. Only addons you will be able to install are from Marketplace. So for the A320neo project for example then they would need to work with Microsoft to release it via Marketplace. I would say that it is highly unlikely that any external app will work either such as those that use Simconnect. For those coming from a PC it will be a big change. And not least any controller that does not contain an Xbox security chip will not work. That is pretty much all of them apart from the Thrustmaster Hotas One.

Edited by CJ1045

Thanks for the clearing up to my question which confirms my thoughts as to what we have to do 

with the new X Box Series X - and clearing a few misnomers regarding the New MS XPA system

- which only refers to the number of machines - that a particularly labeled "XPA Game" -  now also includes 

your Pad and your smart phone - as well as PC and X boxes.

1 other tiny observation - the new X Box Series X was NOT designed for the Flight Sim -

much rather the reverse.

The X Box gaming market is Gimongous - and will include the bespoke flight sim

to add to the possibility of increasing the newcomers to flight simming

E.G. - If I was an X BOX user - who played Aces 7 flight game  - using my X box Thrustmaster Hotas - 

why wouldn't I take another install advantage of my Games pass to have a go at "proper" flying outside of DSC - combat

with the free MSFS that I can install at No cost  😉

I don't think we have had this before on the subject of X Box - but the words from the horses mouth

are interesting enough to repeat them especially in regard to peripherals

Quote :- "Work for the Xbox version of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator does continue" -unquote 

which indicates again that the sim is being tailored to the new X Box Series X - but I doubt that they mean to release it on 

the other new X box Series S a lower spec console

Edited by jaytee73

Every game released by Microsoft these days is "Play Anywhere", which means your entitlements and savedata transfer from console to PC, and vice-versa.  The caveat is that it only works on the Microsoft Store, since it can't work with a Steam account.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jaytee73 said:

I don't think we have had this before on the subject of X Box - but the words from the horses mouth

are interesting enough to repeat them especially in regard to peripherals

Quote :- "Work for the Xbox version of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator does continue" -unquote 

which indicates again that the sim is being tailored to the new X Box Series X - but I doubt that they mean to release it on 

the other new X box Series S a lower spec console

If it comes to Series X, it'll come to Series S. The point of the XSS is to run XSX games, just at a lower resolution.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jaytee73 said:

but I doubt that they mean to release it on the other new X box Series S a lower spec console

Every XSX product will be on the XSS. 

XSS is meant to be a cheaper alternative, lower spec yes, but it runs at a lower resolution (a max 1440p instead of 4k, but also determined by the game itself) and FPS (up to the individual game to decide) to compensates for that.

Edited by Tuskin38

33 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

I think it will also run on Xbox One but at lower quality.

CJ

nope it wont.