Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Big Tire Productions Kitfox in Microsoft Flight Sim

18 hours ago, Aaron555 said:

9 euros for this ? It doesn't even seems have custom G1000. 

They should stop rushing bad products like that. I prefer to wait a few months and have quality ones. 

9 euros is a steal. I've seen aircraft for x plane that cost 30 euros that are just as good as or worse than this. You just need to realize Microsoft isn't making these aircraft and other third party developers make them, so the quality can vary. 😄

We all need to realise that this is only 10 dollars. This looks amazing for 10 dollars because in x plane all we got for 10 dollars a few polygons. I'm certainly gonna pick this up and see what Trents planes can do. 

If all of you guys think this is expensive, than welcome to the world of flight sims; where really good aircraft cost anywhere from 60-120 dollars each. 

1 hour ago, Larst said:

If all of you guys think this is expensive, than welcome to the world of flight sims; where really good aircraft cost anywhere from 60-120 dollars each. 

Not sure that makes a mediocre aircraft worth $10..

• Like 6

Bert

1 hour ago, Larst said:

We all need to realise that this is only 10 dollars. This looks amazing for 10 dollars because in x plane all we got for 10 dollars a few polygons. I'm certainly gonna pick this up and see what Trents planes can do. 

When people start happily accepting mediocrity because it's 'cheap', it always goes downhill from there. Once other developers see a few of you guys posting similar comments around various forums they will follow, the Marketplace will be full of cheap junk.

• Like 1

Guys,

Releases like this are the very reason to have forums and communities like we are currently in.

There is no way MS can effectively/efficiently guard against this that I know of.

If everyone remembers just two things when buying addons for flightism:

1. Do NOT...under ANY circumstance, be 1st to buy.  (There will ALWAYS be someone who'll do it anyway...we thank them later if they report their experiences to us)
  2.  Do NOT...under ANY circumstance, buy it until you've checked here or other flightsim sites to see what the bleeding-edgers are reporting.

If you do:

1. Thank you for being a bleeding-edger and taking one for the team.
  2. Please report your findings here, as objectively as possible. 🙂
  3. Be prepared for the slight ridicule you may receive from the "I told you so'ers"...if done lightly and in jest, we can all get a small chuckle from it.

Hehe.....maybe we start a group of folks who buy it outright and report here....wait...we have a community for that....its our "Influencers" who usually get the product for free (If its from a reputable company not afraid to have them honestly review their stuff)...let THEM take the bullet. 🙂

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

There is no way MS can effectively/efficiently guard against this that I know of.

Can't guard against stuff like this ending up on the Marketplace? It's their Marketplace, someone approves the stuff.

Just now, DPSimulation said:

Can't guard against stuff like this ending up on the Marketplace? It's their Marketplace, someone approves the stuff.

Can "effectively/efficiently guard" is what I carefully crafted my response to be. 😉

In the end....it will ALWAYS boil down to how much trouble its worth on both sides of the marketplace.  MS may find that its just not worth the effort to have a formal approval process to manage and set resources to. (I'm sure they already have one...but it would need to evolve as more and more titles make it to the virtual store front and they start having to manage complaints about a particular title or developer).  I think its still too early for MS to lock down the store with so much bureaucracy that vendors will just opt-out for selling their titles there....this may be a substantial process to eventually weed out all the flash-cash, fly-by-night (see what I did there? Hehe) companies that are obviously in it for the quick buck.

Regardless....its just safer for us to follow those rules, skip over releases like this (unless you're dying for a KF and see no prospects of ever seeing another one make for MSFS), and see how the community responds to a tilte, a developer, etc. 

I know that my personal trust in a few, well known devs has served me well in the times were an "insta' buy" has overwhelmed my common sense and ability to think rationally. 🙂   Caveat 'emptor in the end.

To this end....The Carenado 182.  I just saw it got an update.   I really like the 182, have the A2A version in the "other" sim....but I fended off the "insta' buy" demon when this plane 1st came out...not sure when we'll be getting our beloved A2A version, so asking the folks that have it....did the update improve it enough to make it "ok" to consider a purchase now? (I know it'll never be up to the A2A version, but I really like the 182) 🙂

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Shame about the Kitfox.  Carenado's C182 too, although I hope they improve it yet.  I'm all ready to start buying planes for MSFS as soon as some quality ones come out!  

3 minutes ago, Mengy said:

Shame about the Kitfox.  Carenado's C182 too, although I hope they improve it yet.  I'm all ready to start buying planes for MSFS as soon as some quality ones come out!  

Some developers do keep track of and improve their offerings over time.......

NEW VERSION
Carenado CT182T Skylane for FS2020
(available for download directly in MSFS)

Fixed Flood Light effects.
Fixed stby altimetter baro setting.
Fixed Horometer
Fixed autopilot NAV mode
Fixed autopilot activation logic
Improved stall characteristics
Implemented tablet over pilot's yoke to set desired airplane flight condition
Implemented static elements
Improved stall alarm sound
Improved textures
Improved sounds

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

21 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Some developers do keep track of and improve their offerings over time.......

NEW VERSION
Carenado CT182T Skylane for FS2020
(available for download directly in MSFS)

Fixed Flood Light effects.
Fixed stby altimetter baro setting.
Fixed Horometer
Fixed autopilot NAV mode
Fixed autopilot activation logic
Improved stall characteristics
Implemented tablet over pilot's yoke to set desired airplane flight condition
Implemented static elements
Improved stall alarm sound
Improved textures
Improved sounds

I hope the engine sound is much better in the updated version, if it is, I will probably buy it.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

52 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

did the update improve it enough to make it "ok" to consider a purchase now?

In my humble opinion, yes! Oh, you still can't open the doors. Yeah I know, a deal breaker. 😪

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

In my humble opinion, yes! Oh, you still can't open the doors. Yeah I know, a deal breaker. 😪

I actually opened the door in flight.. 😉

And quickly closed it again.

• Like 3

Bert

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of fun in your sim once in a while.

😱  Wash your mouth out with soap!😈

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Going back to the subject of the kitfox, it's going to be a pass for me. There are too many similar things already in the Sim, done better.

Precisely. I'll not be buying (or probably even downloading for free) anything that doesn't offer something different from the standard offerings which came with the sim. This is just another 'Cub-copy' for me (figuratively, if not actually literally).

3 hours ago, Larst said:

9 euros is a steal. ...

3 hours ago, Larst said:

We all need to realise that this is only 10 dollars...

3 hours ago, Larst said:

If all of you guys think this is expensive...

Please don't spam threads. 3 posts saying the same thing, all at the same time. No need.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

16 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I actually opened the door in flight.. 😉

And quickly closed it again.

Just when I thought I knew everything..😄

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.