Sign in to follow this  
WidowsSon

TBM 930 Tutorials and Procedures

Thanks for the info, I finally tried the 930 out a couple nights ago (was scared of the turboprops after bad experiences with the King Air in earlier versions) and instantly fell in love with it.  Didn't help that I found a YouTube channel from a real world pilot where he does flights in the similar 850 and looked really simple to operate. 

Definitely need to learn how the autopilot functions a bit better.  2nd flight last night I used the VNav button pre-set before take-off with a VS set to get to my altitude but apparently that was not correct.  Not sure what happened but as soon as I toggled the AP on, the plane insisted on diving even though the correct altitude was in the PFD.  No matter which settings I chose it kept trying to dive.  I should have left it off while I recovered it and tried again, but I ended up overstressing the aircraft and had to reload the flight.  Switched to pure VS mode before takeoff and had no issues that time.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

33 minutes ago, flyinion said:

YouTube channel from a real world pilot where he does flights in the similar 850 and looked really simple to operate. 

Let's call him Steveo 😛

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

19 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Let's call him Steveo 😛

LOL yep that's the one.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

49 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Let's call him Steveo 😛

That’s the life right there... and he seems so down to earth and cool too.

I’m in Tampa and recreate his real world flights off of FlightAware every once in a while.

16 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

That’s the life right there... and he seems so down to earth and cool too.

I’m in Tampa and recreate his real world flights off of FlightAware every once in a while.

True! I am following along since day one and still enjoy his professionalism paired with a touch of nerdy surfer attitude. Really cool!

My only wish would be that he takes the step up to 4k recording. 😛

P.S.: In case you don't know him already you might want to check "Missionary Bush Pilot" 's  channel on YT. A whole different world of flying!

Edited by ThomseN_inc
  • Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I haven't watched the videos yet, So i would like to know what airport is that where you started?. I'm going to do my first flight with FS2020. and would like to use this tutorial. 

@hyperfocal didn't take it in a negative tone or critical at all, no worries. I try to read everyone's post with a positive tone or you end up thinking everyone is picking a fight.

I wasn't sure when I made the video if people would appreciate a full checklist or not. I sort of kept it to only the items that were sim related thinking that all of the things the sim doesn't implement were not worth mentioning. Since the sim doesn't do any real damage on a hot start I didn't think people would be interested in the Maxima's. I seem to have misjudged this as everyone seems to be diving into the details. I may include more of them in future videos. Glad you enjoyed.

• Like 1

@Dutch1 Sorry, just noticed your question now for some reason.

The first cold and dark is in the star airport in Alaska (only one) but the rest of the tutorials are at Toronto Pearson Intl. Airport CYYZ

On 9/11/2020 at 1:05 PM, flyinion said:

Thanks for the info, I finally tried the 930 out a couple nights ago (was scared of the turboprops after bad experiences with the King Air in earlier versions) and instantly fell in love with it.  Didn't help that I found a YouTube channel from a real world pilot where he does flights in the similar 850 and looked really simple to operate. 

Definitely need to learn how the autopilot functions a bit better.  2nd flight last night I used the VNav button pre-set before take-off with a VS set to get to my altitude but apparently that was not correct.  Not sure what happened but as soon as I toggled the AP on, the plane insisted on diving even though the correct altitude was in the PFD.  No matter which settings I chose it kept trying to dive.  I should have left it off while I recovered it and tried again, but I ended up overstressing the aircraft and had to reload the flight.  Switched to pure VS mode before takeoff and had no issues that time.

There is a 3 way switch in the right side of the overhead panel. It should be all the way up. If it's in the middle position the ap doesn't trim and will dive. If it's in the down position, it doesn't engage. 

2 hours ago, devgrp said:

There is a 3 way switch in the right side of the overhead panel. It should be all the way up. If it's in the middle position the ap doesn't trim and will dive. If it's in the down position, it doesn't engage. 

Yeah the AP/Trim switch, pretty sure I had it on, not really sure what happened.  When I say it was diving I mean not just not holding altitude, but actually forcing a dive.  It kept shoving the trim down when the AP was on.  Maybe it was a random bug or something (correct target altitude was set) or I set something up wrong with the mode.  I've been using FLC and VS instead and it's been working great except where FLC porpoises around a bit near the top of a climb.

Anyone knows which key "Set Fuel tank selection to auto" can be use and where I can find it ?

I wonna set this key-command an my Overheadpanel.

Stephan from Germany

My System