TBM 930 Tutorials and Procedures

Created a new Tutorial series on the TBM 930, adding more soon:

TBM 930 Video Series

TBM 930 Video Series

• 1 - TBM 930 Cold & Dark Start
  • 2 - TBM 930 Creating an IFR Flight Plan in the Garmin G3000
  • 3 - TBM 930 IFR Clearance and Taxi Procedures
  • 4 - TBM 930 Departure Procedures

No Ads, just tutorials. Hope this will help someone.

• 1 - TBM 930 Cold & Dark Start -
  • 2 - TBM 930 Creating an IFR Flight Plan in the Garmin G3000 -
  • 3 - TBM 930 IFR Clearance and Taxi Procedures -
  • 4 - TBM 930 Departure Procedures -
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 1

The ALT button on my TBM930 does nothing at all even though the other autopilot functions seem to work so far, did you find it problematic ?

Good information, but from what I can tell, most people are having problems using the ILS together with procedures, while interacting with ATC (the 360 bug). Might want to make a video about that as well. 

I had my first spin in the TBM yesterday evening and was pleasantly surprised. It is the only aircraft I have encountered so far which does not appear to have problems loading and resuming a saved flight. The plan was still there in the FMC and when I engaged the AP, the waypoint had not defaulted back to a previous one and the aircraft didn't go into a spin/dive trying to grab the heading.

No issues setting altitude or VS to get there.

Need to understand how you set up the ILS radio frequencies etc. as it is buried away in the MFD but ultimately if I have the approach dialed in then I can hand fly the descent.

Excellent tutorials, all explained in plain understandable english with no gobbledygook.  A good teacher who is easy to follow.  His Navigraph tutorials are a must for anyone, as we all keep learning.

• Like 1

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Those are pretty good. There is an actual Pilot’s Information Manual from Daher that I’ve been using for reference. It can be found by Googling “TBM 930 Manual.” It (obviously) goes into minute detail on every procedure. For example, you’re supposed to start the chronograph simultaneously with the engine starter because there are specific ITT and Ng values that need to be achieved within a specific period of time.

@hyperfocal yes you are correct, essentially there are a number of maxima's you need to consider.

off the top, You should reach 13% ng and then low idle which should reach 52ish % ng within 30 seconds (or abort start) while maintaining <850C inter-turbine temp. I don't use the built in timer as I need to justify my fancy watches to the wife 🙂

I can't remember the times without refering to the PIM, but you have to wait increasingly longer after each abort start to re-start... its like 1/5/10/30 or something like that.

Edited by WidowsSon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, smurfboard said:

The ALT button on my TBM930 does nothing at all even though the other autopilot functions seem to work so far, did you find it problematic ?

ALT is an altitude hold function. It doesn’t work like it did in FSX default aircraft. You have to select an altitude and the us VS or FLC setting a feet per minute climb or speed to climb at, respectively. Then when the aircraft reaches that altitude the VS or FLC will turn off and the ALT will automatically turn on.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, WidowsSon said:

@hyperfocal yes you are correct, essentially there are a number of maxima's you need to consider.

off the top, You should reach 13% ng and then low idle which should reach 52ish % ng within 30 seconds (or abort start) while maintaining <850C inter-turbine temp. I don't use the built in timer as I need to justify my fancy watches to the wife 🙂

I can't remember the times without refering to the PIM, but you have to wait increasingly longer after each abort start to re-start... its like 1/5/10/30 or something like that.

Just to be clear, I wasn't criticizing the video. It's really well done, and most people probably don't care about the times because you'll always have a normal start in the sim. Excellent work, and I've subscribed to your channel.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the TBM930 greatly but I would love to be able to change the map orientation from N always up to the direction the plane is in.  I'm guessing there is no way to change this, correct?

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X