Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Strange stutter problem at certain airport

A strange problem has popped up when I go to ESGP. When looking around (I use Track Ir) the display freezes frequently at intervals of sometimes more than second. Actually this is similar to what some experience in MSFS at start of flight. If I go to another airport the problem is not present anymore. I have only experienced this at a somewhat lesser degree at a nearby airport ESGG. How is this possible ? These are no addon airports but default scenery. In orbx scenery I don't have the problem.

In the task manager "P3D" set priority above to normal and uncheck the CPU 0, make the same flight and see if you stutters are gone.

Regards.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:47 AM, alox said:

In the task manager "P3D" set priority above to normal and uncheck the CPU 0, make the same flight and see if you stutters are gone.

Regards.

I don't see that I can do this in the task manager. And had it been because settings like this should it not affect more than one airport ?

I had a similar problem like this with defaults airports in P3D V5 and some with vector from Orbx when i am looking around i got stutters, the only solution that i found was unchecking the cpu 0 from the task manager.

First i suggest you do tests without track ir, in order to check if the problem persists.

For reference please check this topic.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/195360-vector-is-causing-stutter-on-prepared-v5/?tab=comments#comment-1681570

Regards.

Your suggestion really helped me, especially with TE products.  I had a lot of stuttering and this reduced them substantially.  Thanks

• Like 1

17 hours ago, alox said:

I had a similar problem like this with defaults airports in P3D V5 and some with vector from Orbx when i am looking around i got stutters, the only solution that i found was unchecking the cpu 0 from the task manager.

First i suggest you do tests without track ir, in order to check if the problem persists.

For reference please check this topic.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/195360-vector-is-causing-stutter-on-prepared-v5/?tab=comments#comment-1681570

Regards.

I have done tests without track ir with exactly the same result. Also note that it is only two default airports that are affected (ESGP ESGG to a lesser extent)

And how do you uncheck a CPU core in the task manager ?

Regarding Orbx I think I recall that the issue arised after an update of Orbx libraries.

15 hours ago, jfri said:

I have done tests without track ir with exactly the same result. Also note that it is only two default airports that are affected (ESGP ESGG to a lesser extent)

And how do you uncheck a CPU core in the task manager ?

Regarding Orbx I think I recall that the issue arised after an update of Orbx libraries.

Go to task manager ---- > Details -------> Right click on prepar3d -------> Set affinity ------> Uncheck CPU 0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg232icckuff763/Set Affinity.PNG?dl=0

Regards.