Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Community 747 mod

This is great news. There have to be tons of people that can positively contribute to the effort to bring the default 747 to meet the needs of most simmers. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Indeed good news.

i was saying on another thread yesterday, although for the most part the 747 is basic and inaccurate there’s is a certain authenticity in the way it handles buried deep down that seems to somehow capture the feel of the aircraft.

Pitch/power is all wrong of course but there is definitely something there at a base level that makes the aircraft worthy of being modded.

It is perhaps better than the complete write off I initially thought it was, I look forward to seeing what can be done 

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

15 hours ago, jon b said:

Indeed good news.

i was saying on another thread yesterday, although for the most part the 747 is basic and inaccurate there’s is a certain authenticity in the way it handles buried deep down that seems to somehow capture the feel of the aircraft.

Pitch/power is all wrong of course but there is definitely something there at a base level that makes the aircraft worthy of being modded.

It is perhaps better than the complete write off I initially thought it was, I look forward to seeing what can be done 

They have a Discoord channel so you can go there an let them know what type of stuff you would like to be fixed in this community mod.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 hours ago, jon b said:

Indeed good news.

Wrong pitch/power may indicate a deeper MFS design problem. A certain amount of Newtons of engine thrust should quite predictably accelerate a certain amount of kilograms of mass. Unless the physics is wrong ... and that can't be just "fixed" with a mod.