Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 10th, 2020 - Development Update

46 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Looks like they've been far busier than we thought

It's like they are committed to making this a great flight sim platform or something.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

word not allowed that is pretty comprehensive.  What will we do without our daily Live Weather Threads!?

But in all seriousness I hope this resolves those issues I know its driving people bonkers and hope this fixes things to make them want to keep playing this new sim 🙂

• Like 2

And nothing about inaccurate scenery/airports and random polygons. AI problems. or controller issues and bugs (CH Products/Honeycomb)

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Update's looking great! Can't wait to read about the specifics and to try it out.

Two features I would love to have:

1. In the flight planner, automatically load whatever settings I had last. Even if I didn't start a flight.

2. Give us a simple way to text chat or voice chat with planes nearby. This would make for lots of fun around airports etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

thanks for the updates .

I can see a few doomsayers heading to the nearest Bar after reading this all disappointed .

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Thats a pretty gutsy move. 
If this is “under promise - over deliver” I’ll be impressed. 
This is setting very high expectations. 

• Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Those lights in the air at night?

They're called moon and stars.

🤣 sorry, couldn't help myself

• Like 5

The heading bug “bug” did I miss it?

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

More Great News:

In addition to the September patch, there will be another patch in October, which will include even more goodies. I like this platform and I like the commitment to fast and continuous improvement that Asobo and Microsoft deliver. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 hour ago, David Naylor said:

Update's looking great! Can't wait to read about the specifics and to try it out.

Two features I would love to have:

1. In the flight planner, automatically load whatever settings I had last. Even if I didn't start a flight.

2. Give us a simple way to text chat or voice chat with planes nearby. This would make for lots of fun around airports etc.

I'd like to see the flight planner modified so it doesn't eat your imported flight plan when you change to a gate instead of runway.  Right now if you import a Simbrief plan, which does not include a gate, the only way to not mess with it is to start on the runway as designated in the plan from Simbrief as those tools don't let you specify a gate.  If you swap the departure from the runway to the gate after loading the plan, it decides to reroute the whole plan and wipe out what you imported.  I end up just manually creating it from the waypoints simbrief came up with.  Slows things way down, but at least it ends up accurate still and I start cold/dark as it should be.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Well as they said TOP issues.  Not only issues and this is the last patch ever that they are doing.  There are other issues and I assume as the community upvotes them and they move near the top they will address them until they have squashed most of the actual bugs.  Scenery issues will be much harder because you know....its a big freaking planet.  They can't handcraft every single area in excruciating details.  They kinda addressed it where they want to tackle it regionally and mostly focused on like big regions so like London, or Berling etc.

The key here...is that Asobo is actively listening, responding / addressing.... thus engaging with the community.

I was not concerned about the initial issues (to be fair, i did not have the install issues), from Day 1...and the months leading up to release....MSFS showed that they are committed to getting this right. The discovery series alone shows that these guys are just as passionate about MSFS.

• Like 8

This looks very promising. I wonder what will happen to the upvotes after items have been solved. I like the voting a lot but there should be a cut or something after a patch to newly evaluate the situation, giving also new items a chance to get attention. Will be interesting to see. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px