Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 10th, 2020 - Development Update

@seamaster55, I'm hoping "aircraft updates" means:

• "Inop" systems become "op"
  • Improvement to flight controls. For example, looking at the reviews of the Cessna 182T, they note that things like the trim wheel work much better, rudder sensitivity much improved, etc. over the default aircraft. Hope they tweak the default planes to rectify these issues
  • I'd also love to see someone come out with a tool that would let us edit the checklists. I'd love to include full checklists for all airplanes. 

Patch looking good!

Scott

What?? 6 hours since first post and NO PIN yet ???

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

38 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

What?? 6 hours since first post and NO PIN yet ???

😂😂😂

Yeah, I was sleeping on the job.

@ChaoticBeauty One pine 🌲 coming up. 😂

DEA6C281-EE4B-4EB2-AA19-B77DCD90FF54.jpeg

• Like 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Nice patch coming!

That's what a simple idea like the vote system can bring. Good job devs!

Where is the Partnership Series video?

7 hours ago, seamaster55 said:

Wonder if there might be some liveries at last?

Maybe thats what: 

• Aircraft updates     meant?  😐

I’d honestly be happy with just an improved UI that meant we didn’t have to search through a long list of liveries for the mega pack 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seamaster55 said:

Wonder if there might be some liveries at last?

Maybe thats what: 

• Aircraft updates     meant?  😐

I’d honestly be happy with just an improved UI that meant we didn’t have to search through a long list of liveries for the mega pack 

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a patch that will upgrade my computer....

• Like 1

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

Although I love the sim, and believe in its eventual triumph, can I be a dash of cold water on this unwarranted display of unbridled exuberance?

They gave you a list of top fix requests, and then they gave you a list of items that have been addressed in some (vague) way in this patch.

Those lists are not connected.  They aren't saying that everything in list A is being fixed by list B.  In patch 2.

There will be some fixes.  it will be better when released than right now.  The default planes are not going to put A2A, PMDG, FSL and Milviz all out of business.  There will still be holes in the scenery.  Haters are still going to have things to complain about.  There will be people whose pet issue hasn't been addressed and they are still going to sulk (loudly) about it.  The sun will rise, and the sun will set.  Breathe.  Relax, nothing is under control. 

Software development is hard work.  and it takes time.  (cue: id10t's telling me that their issue can be fixed in "fifteen minutes")

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Pretty extensive update. And yet there will be some stomping mad because their focused bug was not addressed this patch. They can only do so much at a time and its done by priority and votes, so we all have to be patient.  Remember how long it took just to get patch /updates in FSX?   Thanks MS/Asobo for remaining focused on squashing bugs and getting it done in reasonable time.  The commitment is there.  Great times ahead. 

• Like 10

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

@ShawnG It almost seems like some people are deliberately creating false expectations just so they can be naysayers afterwards. The same way they did with the launch just to pump up X-Plane and P3D afterwards.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Just now, Slides said:

@ShawnG It almost seems like some people are deliberately creating false expectations just so they can be naysayers afterwards. The same way they did with the launch just to pump up X-Plane and P3D afterwards.

I'm sure some do things like that.   No matter,  It's just the honking of geese.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, japan211 said:

ASOBO are you forget  this thread : Ground texture - Low resolution - Internet incorrect Bandwidth

I've seen that thread - I don't think these issues effect everybody.

I have to admit thats not an issue I've ever experienced to be honest. There are LoD issues but texture quality has always been pretty good.Maybe with improved performance it will allow textures to render properly on lower end systems.

People who have slow internet connections should also setup a rolling cache as that will progressively make areas better, again I have no issues here as soon as I'm in I get great quality.

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, firefighter42 said:

what about ATIS dont working in a lot of major airports......

If I'm not mistaken that is part of ATC? Maybe they fixed it already? I'm sure there will be more patch details next week.

8 hours ago, rtodepart said:

I can see a few doomsayers heading to the nearest Bar after reading this all disappointed .

Yes all the worlds problems will be fixed by this patch, let the parties begin! 😂

Come on people, Asobo have made improvements but I have a feeling the same complaints will surface after the patch has dropped because some poeple's cup are always half empty.

• Like 1