Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 10th, 2020 - Development Update

9 hours ago, Flyfaster said:

bugs (CH Products/Honeycomb)

yeah, I was hoping that would be fixed.

A decent and broad ranging list of issues they're addressing.

As nice as it is to see the "voted for" issues getting attention, my gut feeling is that everything they have said will be in the patch has been in the pipeline for a while anyway, and was originally put aside due to their release deadline shifting and Asobo having to prioritise other work. With release out of the way, and a lot of installation problems resolved, they can now continue with their scheduled upgrades.

I'm pleased that they're being true to their word that this is an on-going project.

• Like 1

This update exceeds my expectations in regards to how much Asobo was able to fix in a short amount of time. Bravo Zulu!

• Like 3

Perhaps many of these were held back from the first patch so that they could simply concentrate on fixing installation issues.

CJ

• Like 1

Just now, CJ1045 said:

Perhaps many of these were held back from the first patch so that they could simply concentrate on fixing installation issues.

I think some of these were probably being worked on during the alpha / beta phase, but weren't complete enough to add to their release code.

It would be nice if when people submit screenshots they also included the location and in doing so, when that information was given, the MSFS team adds that with the persons name in the credit.

There's one little feature I would like to see implemented: autosave (not only for bush trips). I do experience rare CTDs and knowing that my flight is saved automatically every x minutes would be a big plus.

Unless that feature is already there and I've missed it! 😄

3 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

There's one little feature I would like to see implemented: autosave (not only for bush trips). I do experience rare CTDs and knowing that my flight is saved automatically every x minutes would be a big plus.

Unless that feature is already there and I've missed it! 😄

I have heard the autosave can introduce a stutter though - it does for some in the bush trips.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

I have heard the autosave can introduce a stutter though - it does for some in the bush trips.

Yes, that's true, I do experience small intermittent stutters in bush trips, though I cannot know for sure it's linked to autosave. But anyway, even if that's the case, it would be up to the user to decide whether this is a cost that's worth it.

• Like 2

The MS Team's list sort of reminds me of a sign that my boss had in his office many years ago: 

"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do"  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FishBowlMan said:

I think some of these were probably being worked on during the alpha / beta phase, but weren't complete enough to add to their release code.

I expect it's a little bit of everything.  Longer term and bigger updates to actual systems (like the airliners) are probably always ongoing in the background, as opposed to actual fixes to straight-up broken stuff (like the 225/3 bug), which is likely more reactive.  And even then, I'm sure some stuff is easier and quicker to fix than others, so there will be rolling overlap.

I think the rest of this year is probably gonna be a lot of surprisingly huge updates, as they build things out to where they likely wanted them to be for the actual launch.

People are used to the cadence of XP or P3D updates, and I don't think appreciate just how much manpower is behind this software right now, lol.  It's like an order of magnitude.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FishBowlMan said:

my gut feeling is that everything they have said will be in the patch has been in the pipeline for a while anyway

I agree. We should consider post release to be more like they are continuing development rather than they are fixing bugs. It seems pretty obvious that a bean counter somewhere in MS decided the release date and not the developers. Having suffered a lot myself from top-down management styles, I empathise a with Asobo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pjs37 said:

word not allowed that is pretty comprehensive.  What will we do without our daily Live Weather Threads!?

But in all seriousness I hope this resolves those issues I know its driving people bonkers and hope this fixes things to make them want to keep playing this new sim 🙂

People are still going to complain and rightfully so. Even after they fix the live weather, remember, it will still be based on up to 12hr old forecasted weather. That's how Metoblue integration works in MSFS. So if it is noon and thunderstorm where you are at, the sim could be displaying the midnight weather which in the Southeast is usually clear and calm winds. Until they incorporate METAR data, there is nothing "live" about it. But you won't get them to admit this hyperbole they sold everyone.

Eric 

14 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

Yes, that's true, I do experience small intermittent stutters in bush trips, though I cannot know for sure it's linked to autosave. But anyway, even if that's the case, it would be up to the user to decide whether this is a cost that's worth it.

Very true!  👍

User choice is very important. 

We pay the money for our simulator, so we should be free to have it how we want.   I like to see lots of toggles in the settings! 🙂 

For me, I would like a toggle to turn off the 'V' sign at the top of the screen for the popup menu.  Only cosmetic I know, but every time I move the mouse it pops up and distracts me. 🙄

As the rest of the visuals are so good, it kind of spoils the immersion.

• Upvote 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

@flybius @David Naylor @flyinion @SPowell42 While they do check AVSIM quite extensively, I would recommend making threads in the official forums about the features you're asking for, where they can be upvoted for better visibility (the community managers have confirmed that they do look into the top reported issues/feature requests). Go to the "Self-Service" category, and make posts in either "Bugs & Issues" or "Wishlist".

7 hours ago, Noooch said:

Where is the Partnership Series video?

There was also a new Around the World trailer slated for release yesterday, but at the start of the update they said that videos have been hit with delays. Work is continuing though, and we will probably get an updated timeline with the next development update.

• Like 4