Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 10th, 2020 - Development Update

6 hours ago, ShawnG said:

Although I love the sim, and believe in its eventual triumph, can I be a dash of cold water on this unwarranted display of unbridled exuberance?

They gave you a list of top fix requests, and then they gave you a list of items that have been addressed in some (vague) way in this patch.

Those lists are not connected.  They aren't saying that everything in list A is being fixed by list B.  In patch 2.

They communicated that they are aware of the issues....this is much more than we got from other flight sim DEVs....especially performance issues. 

We can expect that the things that they listed will be addressed in the near future...that is a good thing.

6 hours ago, ShawnG said:

There will be some fixes.  it will be better when released than right now.  The default planes are not going to put A2A, PMDG, FSL and Milviz all out of business.  There will still be holes in the scenery.  Haters are still going to have things to complain about.  There will be people whose pet issue hasn't been addressed and they are still going to sulk (loudly) about it.  The sun will rise, and the sun will set.  Breathe.  Relax, nothing is under control. 

We get it...life isn't perfect...the sim won't be either, MSFS is pushing through patches immediately after release (they aren't waiting 6 months). Sim life isn't about A2A, PMDG, FSL, and Milviz for everybody....I don't own any of their products in other sims.

Steam is now at 12.1k mostly positive reviews....this shows that folk are generally satisfied despite the issues...

I still complain about X-plane clouds...and XP is still in business...so yes...people will still complain.

So thanks for the reality check...but the reality is that MSFS is communicating with the community and addressing the issues.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

@flybius @David Naylor @flyinion @SPowell42 While they do check AVSIM quite extensively, I would recommend making threads in the official forums about the features you're asking for, where they can be upvoted for better visibility (the community managers have confirmed that they do look into the top reported issues/feature requests). Go to the "Self-Service" category, and make posts in either "Bugs & Issues" or "Wishlist".

There was also a new Around the World trailer slated for release yesterday, but at the start of the update they said that videos have been hit with delays. Work is continuing though, and we will probably get an updated timeline with the next development update.

Some of the devs are also on there answering and replying to posts 

20 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

but the reality is that MSFS is communicating with the community

"NAVBLUE will provide real-world aeronautical data to Microsoft through its Navigation+ and, post launch, Charts+ services, to support the realistic experience that is the next generation “Microsoft Flight Simulator” software."

What's the status of NAV/Chart+ ?

• Like 3

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

49 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Until they incorporate METAR data, there is nothing "live" about it.

This is not true

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

25 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Some of the devs are also on there answering and replying to posts 

I believe I've only seen two or three responses from Asobo developers actually, but the two community managers are certainly very active and on support duty as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Flyfaster said:

And nothing about inaccurate scenery/airports and random polygons. AI problems. or controller issues and bugs (CH Products/Honeycomb)

Yet...

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

People are still going to complain and rightfully so. Even after they fix the live weather, remember, it will still be based on up to 12hr old forecasted weather. That's how Metoblue integration works in MSFS. So if it is noon and thunderstorm where you are at, the sim could be displaying the midnight weather which in the Southeast is usually clear and calm winds. Until they incorporate METAR data, there is nothing "live" about it. But you won't get them to admit this hyperbole they sold everyone.

In real life the weather is not generated from METAR, but it's the opposite. If we want "as real as it gets" it's better to have a realistic weather injection from meteoblue and not from METARs. The METARs, just like in real life, should be calculated in the simulator according to real time weather. if it matches 90% it would be good enough

• Upvote 1

People are still going to complain and rightfully so.

I still have a bucket full of complaints to complain about, but I prefer focusing on the top priority complaints first (the live weather being one of those) and then moving down the list as the top ones are checked off.

My next big complaint is the flying cars and bridges that are rendered as walls (the two are related IMO). I'm quite certain Asobo can fix the bridge walls since they properly render bridges when photogrammetry is turned off, so just use that bridge algorithm to "hollow out" the wall part of the bridge when photogrammetry is turned on.

But regardless of how many complaints I have in my bucket, I'll give praise where praise is due, and I think praise is due to Asobo for fixing so many big bugs in short order. Keep up the good work!

• Like 5

And when will we be able to turn off these terrible cockpit tooltips ????

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

17 minutes ago, Seat* said:

And when will we be able to turn off these terrible cockpit tooltips ????

There is a Community Patch for that..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Even after they fix the live weather, remember, it will still be based on up to 12hr old forecasted weather. That's how Metoblue integration works in MSFS.

Where is that observation from? Since knowing that meteoblue is the provider of weather in the new sim, I'm using their services regularly. I found their forecast to be on par with other services I used before. I'm sure they have all the data that is required to pull it off. At least the cloud coverage I observed during my flights was reflecting LIVE weather.

As many do, I look forward to improved wind, temperature and pressure data in the sim. Weather is top priority on their patch list. Let's see what the patch brings. 

If it's still not at a level I wish it would be, I will vote in their forums again, as I've done before. Nowhere have I read that it's their plan to deliver 12 h old live weather...

• Like 2

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

48 minutes ago, Schwarzgruber said:

Great news! but don't forget add contrails.

There working on a new SDK feature called node based particle effects, which allows for development of anything that uses particles, like contrails, engine condensation, smoke etc. 

Edit: forgot to mention, it’s not included in this patch, but was mentioned to be released in a future update. 

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

DEA6C281-EE4B-4EB2-AA19-B77DCD90FF54.jpeg

Will there be elbow patches available for that in the future?

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

@flybius @David Naylor @flyinion @SPowell42 While they do check AVSIM quite extensively, I would recommend making threads in the official forums about the features you're asking for, where they can be upvoted for better visibility (the community managers have confirmed that they do look into the top reported issues/feature requests). Go to the "Self-Service" category, and make posts in either "Bugs & Issues" or "Wishlist".

There was also a new Around the World trailer slated for release yesterday, but at the start of the update they said that videos have been hit with delays. Work is continuing though, and we will probably get an updated timeline with the next development update.

Thanks I created a wishlist item over there.  

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro