Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 10th, 2020 - Development Update

8 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Will there be elbow patches available for that in the future?

I better start knitting 😂

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 hours ago, Schwarzgruber said:

Great news! but don't forget add contrails.

Don’t you mean "chemtrails?" Why worry about inaccuracies in Live Weather when, with help from the Deep State, you can create your own? 🤣

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

15 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

Don’t you mean "chemtrails?" Why worry about inaccuracies in Live Weather when, with help from the Deep State, you can create your own? 🤣

It's same. Otherwise, i understood nothing.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

11 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

@flybius @David Naylor @flyinion @SPowell42 While they do check AVSIM quite extensively, I would recommend making threads in the official forums about the features you're asking for, where they can be upvoted for better visibility (the community managers have confirmed that they do look into the top reported issues/feature requests). Go to the "Self-Service" category, and make posts in either "Bugs & Issues" or "Wishlist".

There was also a new Around the World trailer slated for release yesterday, but at the start of the update they said that videos have been hit with delays. Work is continuing though, and we will probably get an updated timeline with the next development update.

I'm actually wondering if my issue with gates resetting the flight plan might have been a bug.  I'm watching a video (created before the first patch however) on how to set up SimToolkitPro for MSFS 2020 and in it I watched him export a plan from it, import into the sim, then change the runway to a gate in the dropdown and it left the plan alone.  Hmmmmm

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

On 9/10/2020 at 8:04 PM, Flyfaster said:

And nothing about inaccurate scenery/airports and random polygons

That's probably covered under 'World updates' at the bottom of the list.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

My next big complaint is the flying cars and bridges that are rendered as walls (the two are related IMO). I'm quite certain Asobo can fix the bridge walls since they properly render bridges when photogrammetry is turned off, so just use that bridge algorithm to "hollow out" the wall part of the bridge when photogrammetry is turned on

Just because you can say it, doesn't mean it's easy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Schwarzgruber said:

I hope in not long. Hoping for the third update?

They didn’t give any timeframe so it’s uncertain for now. 

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Just because you can say it, doesn't mean it's easy.

IF(this is a bridge) THEN {cut out the part between the bridge and the water}

There ... done. 🙂

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

1 minute ago, RudyB24 said:

IF(this is a bridge) THEN {cut out the part between the bridge and the water}

There ... done. 🙂

How does the game know it is a bridge? Bridges are not always over water.

On 9/11/2020 at 2:43 AM, dtrjones said:

Yes all the worlds problems will be fixed by this patch, let the parties begin! 😂

Come on people, Asobo have made improvements but I have a feeling the same complaints will surface after the patch has dropped because some poeple's cup are always half empty.

I get it that people want advertised features to work properly, but I also feel that there are many on here that want a $400 piece of software for $100.

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

8 hours ago, SnareMV17 said:

So are they just never going to fix the massive trees? I mean look at those screenshots in the thread above. Especially in Chicago, trees are massive and overlap the roads and some are half as tall as sky scrapers!

This will not be listed as bug fix, but as world update....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JNS said:

I get it that people want advertised features to work properly, but I also feel that there are many on here that want a $400 piece of software for $100.

More like they want a $1000 piece of software for $60. 🙄 Oh and btw don't forget all the feature additions to be added at zero additional cost to the user.....

• Like 2

Give people power to really test their personality.

18 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

More like they want a $1000 piece of software for $60. 🙄 Oh and btw don't forget all the feature additions to be added at zero additional cost to the user.....

You are probably more correct and I agree with you about the feature additions.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

8 hours ago, Schwarzgruber said:

It's same. Otherwise, i understood nothing.

I don't understand why people want to "add" contrails. They are present in the sim you can see the particles behind each engine.

4 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

How does the game know it is a bridge? Bridges are not always over water.

But the game DOES know it's a bridge. Here's a good example - go to Pittsburgh PA, where there are lots of bridges both over water and land. Observe these bridges with photogrammetry on and then with it off. When on, all these bridges are solid walls. Watch how this affects traffic in a negative way. Then turn photogrammetry off and watch how these very same bridges become actual bridges. On water, I can now fly / "drive" (Icon A5) under these bridges, and traffic can also drive under the bridges on land. So MSFS already knows that bridges are bridges, it just needs to put in a little extra effort into making the photogrammetry bridges not solid walls.

Speaking of, while observing this bridges in Pittsburgh, notice that some bridges in photogrammetry mode have arches that are properly "hollowed out" so that cars an drive through those arches. I wonder what makes these arches different than bridges (geometrically they are very similar) so that these are represented properly and not as solid walls..

So yes, I do think it's doable (never said it was easy).

• Like 1