Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 10th, 2020 - Development Update

3 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Speaking of, while observing this bridges in Pittsburgh, notice that some bridges in photogrammetry mode have arches that are properly "hollowed out" so that cars an drive through those arches. I wonder what makes these arches different than bridges (geometrically they are very similar) so that these are represented properly and not as solid walls..

It probably depends on how the images were taken, the quality, type of data and how it's processed.

Google Maps has this problem too, there are some places where bridges are a solid mesh, and others where they're not. Though less so than Bing.

Edited by Tuskin38

5 hours ago, Noooch said:

I don't understand why people want to "add" contrails. They are present in the sim you can see the particles behind each engine.

Picture please. 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

1 hour ago, Schwarzgruber said:

Picture please. 

If I was able to see them in drone view, you should be able too, what is so hard about it?

Go and take a picture yourself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Noooch said:

I don't understand why people want to "add" contrails. They are present in the sim you can see the particles behind each engine.

All I’ve ever seen so far is the same exhaust heat shimmer from them you can see on the ground after starting them. Those aren’t contrails. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

5 hours ago, Noooch said:

If I was able to see them in drone view, you should be able too, what is so hard about it?

Thx i know, it’s just the contrails are very faint so it's not real contrails for me.

t-l-chargement

1 hour ago, flyinion said:

All I’ve ever seen so far is the same exhaust heat shimmer from them you can see on the ground after starting them. Those aren’t contrails. 

Exactly 🙂

t-l-chargement

7 hours ago, Noooch said:

The sim doesn't have contrails (yet)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 9/11/2020 at 8:53 PM, warbirds said:

Funny but at Innsbruke at night there are doubles of some of the ground lights a couple hundred feet in the air,,,maybe more places as well?

I saw exactly the same thing at Sion. 

4 hours ago, SteveFx said:

I saw exactly the same thing at Sion. 

Cote d'Azur is full of these.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

11 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The sim doesn't have contrails (yet)

If you look cloesly you can see that MSFS has plenty of contrails.

They are painted on the ground where an aircraft flew while the sattelite took the photo. Often you see the plane too.

I have seen about 20 of them till now....

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

On 9/11/2020 at 8:43 AM, dtrjones said:

Yes all the worlds problems will be fixed by this patch, let the parties begin! 😂

Come on people, Asobo have made improvements but I have a feeling the same complaints will surface after the patch has dropped because some poeple's cup are always half empty.

Yeah, the negativity some flight simmers have tends to keep me away from community engagement. Their perpetual moaning about insignificant problems begins droll but quickly becomes exhausting. 

They’ve left their half empty glass on a window sill and all that remains are the tiny beads of condensate reflecting the dusk of better times. It’s morbid.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Anthracite said:

Yeah, the negativity some flight simmers have tends to keep me away from community engagement. Their perpetual moaning about insignificant problems begins droll but quickly becomes exhausting. 

They’ve left their half empty glass on a window sill and all that remains are the tiny beads of condensate reflecting the dusk of better times. It’s morbid.

Pretty much.  Trying to positive my way through it.

• Like 1

Everything is looking sweet, but are there any noises about fixing the godawful night lighting?  (Above FL100)

This is with High graphics settings over predominantly rural northern Italy..  I'm not sure about the glowing fields and radioactive sludge patches for cities.  In alpha builds there was mention of individual lights with a large LOD radius that didn't have a huge affect on performance, but somehow this was changed for the affect we see below.

It also shows how few people use this sim for tubeliners at night that this isn't a bigger issue.  I've hardly seen any mention of it on here.  

2BYCYb.md.jpg

Edited by Langeveldt

It looks nothing like that over rural UK where I live at night when I fly from a local airstrip to over my house. It has extremely realistic lighting.

CJ

Edited by CJ1045

14 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

It looks nothing like that over rural UK where I live at night when I fly from a local airstrip to over my house. It has extremely realistic lighting.

CJ

Are you flying at over FL100 from your local airstrip over your house?

That's my point.  People seem to use this as just a VFR GA simulator, so the awful altitude night lighting hasn't been given the airtime it deserves. 

I mainly fly tubeliners with real time and weather.  I'll be really upset if night flying looks like this forever and isn't sorted out.

Perhaps when we get some decent study level airliners more people will see how bad it is and Asobo might see what's what. 

Edited by Langeveldt