Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 10th, 2020 - Development Update

On 9/12/2020 at 1:43 PM, Noooch said:

If I was able to see them in drone view, you should be able too, what is so hard about it?

Go and take a picture yourself.

Because you weren't able to see it. He knows it, you know it, and he's calling you out on it.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:47 PM, ChaoticBeauty said:

Night lighting – Terrain emits light? – Terrain emits light, see thread for further examples and screenshots.

Its on their list of things to be fixed.  So they seem to be aware of it and sounds like they plan on addressing it.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 7:48 PM, SnareMV17 said:

So are they just never going to fix the massive trees? I mean look at those screenshots in the thread above. Especially in Chicago, trees are massive and overlap the roads and some are half as tall as sky scrapers!

There is a fix for that in the Tips and Tricks forum. It's a simple config file edit...

Edited by n4gix
Added Link to Tips & Tricks post.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

11 minutes ago, n4gix said:

There is a fix for that in the Tips and Tricks forum. It's a simple config file edit...

I wonder if it is possible to change the size of those mindmills too? They look a tad too big too... IMHO... 

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

On 9/12/2020 at 11:12 AM, Noooch said:

I don't understand why people want to "add" contrails. They are present in the sim you can see the particles behind each engine.

The effect of heat is modelled behind the engine not contrails.

If I know Asobo, they'll want to get a good grasp of the conditions of how contrails happen and render it to a point where it can also be seen by other players at distance. I'm sure it will be really cool when this feature arrives.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:12 AM, Noooch said:

I don't understand why people want to "add" contrails. They are present in the sim you can see the particles behind each engine.

I personally am more interested in seeing the contrails from other high altitude jets in the area than I am seeing my own contrail. As it is, I wouldn't even know there were jets up there if not for the tags. After all, I can look out my window IRL and see contrails all over when the conditions are right.

• Like 4

I look forward to the implementation of replay mode. It seems to me something fundamental that should have been active from day one

• Like 1

I just had time to do a quick flight with the CJ4 from Orbx London city and over London city pack, and while I  just have a few more fps around 45-50 the smoothnesshas improved a lot. For the first time when I see 50 fps on the screen I really believe it. Taking off is smooth, you can feel the speed on the runway and the same goes for the landing where you can feel the speed of the impact of your wheel on it.

Still a lot of test to do in the following days but I´m really happy with the performance of the sim after this patch.

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.