AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

If we can ever find any.  Nvidia is loving that the 3080s sold out like hot cakes

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

No way. I bought a 1968 GTO in in 1975 for that price! 🙂

Edited by Adrian123

On 9/11/2020 at 1:26 AM, bean_sprout said:

You don’t need a 3090 to run MSFS. I am getting great frames and smoothness with almost everything on ultra on a 5K monitor. That is why I have decided to keep my GPU until the Ti line is out  

Besides, Consoles are just not optimal for Flight-Sims where modding, tweaking and customizing are inherent activities.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Only 3 cards releasing and simmers are panicking to get one, when more than twice that will be released in the next few months you could be sitting at the bottom of performance in the 3000 series in MSFS 6 months from now. 

Partner cards will tweak them to the top of the performance charts next year. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 9/18/2020 at 8:40 PM, ryanbatcund said:

If we can ever find any.  Nvidia is loving that the 3080s sold out like hot cakes

You might be interested in this -- https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-the-bots-stole-rtx-3080-launch-mass

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I dont see why anyone would pay more just to have it now from a scalper. I would love to see them choke on it and then scramble to get rid of them. I'm going to upgrade from a 1080Ti to a 20gig 3080 when they are out and easy to get so guessing next year.

• Like 1

Agreed! Sounds like what I am planning to do, although I will be looking at the AMD new offerings also. Should have time to do the research :)

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

You guys are probably right... Was about to get the 3090 as I often get close to 10GB memory with my 2080Ti (+ and that the most important, I need HDMI 2.1 to get RGB color at 100/120Hzon my OLED "TV/monitor" as I am now with 8bits color...   but if any 3080 comes out with a boost in memory, that's probably the way to go later... will save money over the 3090...

Edited by pao
  • Like 1

too much, too soon....

13 hours ago, pgde said:

The best bit of free advertising Nvidia could have wished for the worlds press have made Nvidia the story everyone is now looking for this product, and the AIB partner will be happy knowing they will fly off the shelves.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 9/18/2020 at 10:57 PM, Adrian123 said:

No way. I bought a 1968 GTO in in 1975 for that price! 🙂

My brother, back in 81 sold his 70 GTO convertible....well traded it really for a Mazda Cosmo.   Don't even need to explain how much it'd be worth today. I still give him a hard time about it.   🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

10 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

The best bit of free advertising Nvidia could have wished for the worlds press have made Nvidia the story everyone is now looking for this product, and the AIB partner will be happy knowing they will fly off the shelves.

I just thought of the ultimate revenge for this "bounce" app and its "Company".   Remember the movie Trading Places with Eddy Murphy and Dan Akaroid?   I would love for them to get so big for their britches that they decide to go public and do an IPO...then someone....using a special version of their own software built for the stock market, does what the characters in the movie did. 🙂

In fact...I'd even pay in on the wager that the villains in the movie made just to see the expression on their faces when they realized they've been scammed, by their own software...."One Dollar" 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

21 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I just thought of the ultimate revenge for this "bounce" app and its "Company".   Remember the movie Trading Places with Eddy Murphy and Dan Akaroid?   I would love for them to get so big for their britches that they decide to go public and do an IPO...then someone....using a special version of their own software built for the stock market, does what the characters in the movie did. 🙂

In fact...I'd even pay in on the wager that the villains in the movie made just to see the expression on their faces when they realized they've been scammed, by their own software...."One Dollar" 🤣

I'd love to help you Steve, but I ain't seen nothin' since I stepped on that land mine in Viet Cong back in '72..

Just now, psbrandenburg said:

I'd love to help you Steve, but I ain't seen nothin' since I stepped on that land mine in Viet Cong back in '72..

It ain't cool bein' no jive turkey this close to Christmas! 

And don't you be offering me no jacuzzi!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg