Sign in to follow this  
williehayes52

Two Engine Throttle

I was trying to fly the Diamond DA 62 and realized that there are two engines. However, my Thrustmaster warthog throttle is not setup for split engine throttle. I went into the throttle settings and found that there is only one Axis (Z axis). How do I separate the split throttles to have the left to operate the left engine and the right throttle to operate the left engine?

In the control settings menu, you probably have the Filter set to "ASSIGNED" which is the default. Change that filter to "ALL," and you should see settings under the throttle section for assigning each of the two TM Warthog handles to two different engines. I have my Warthog throttles set up that way and it's working. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Hi Williehayes52.

I'm looking at the number of your posts and thinking that you are fairly new to this stuff. I would recommend checking out the purchase of FSUIPC. Now to clarify my position here, I have it for FSX and it allows me to assign 'Offsets', these are numbers assigned to buttons on my keyboard, I have the number two button assigned to the number two engine and button one assigned to the left, number 1 engine. If I wish to control them both together I have an offset assigned to the letter E this is assigned to controlling both engines.

Now, I have been quite busy realworld and have not spent a lot of time with the new sim but have noticed references to FSUIPC for it here in the Forum. I will certainly be getting it, if indeed it is available for FS2020. Perhaps someone with more knowledge might chip in with more info on this.

Regards...Ken.

You generally don't need another layer of complication like FS UIPC to assign controls in MFS unless you've a complicated setup (it's on free trial at the moment for MFS but the only reason I can think to have it would be autosaving the flight). You have be careful bringing FSX thinking to the new sim, many things are different now.

Just do what Paraffin said and ensure your controls filter is set to "all" rather than just "assigned" then you can search through all the available throttle controls.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

So much easier assigning Axes's, buttons and switches with FSUIPC7 and Customized MUCH easier for individual aircraft. And Linda support and import Flighplans and.....

I would advise trying to learn and debug the default control setup in MSFS before using something external like FSUIPC, or the utility supplied by Thrustmaster for their controllers. For one thing, this is how you'd figure out if there is a conflict with more than one thing assigned to a function.

I think many of the problems people are having is because they don't realize the sim defaults to a basic "ASSIGNED" filter even if you have the Hard/Realistic option selected. You have to choose "ALL" to see every assignment. 

Another source of problems is not clearing a pre-assigned function that may already be mapped if the sim recognizes your controllers. I ended up just clearing all the default mapping for my Thrustmaster Warthog set by creating a new profile with no assignments, because it was easier to avoid a conflict that way.

Edited by Paraffin

6 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

IMO, that controller UI is terribly overly complicated. Period.

I completely agree, and believe me, this non-intuitive design was a complaint in the Alpha. 🙂

It's what Asobo wanted though, so I think it's important to at least mess around with it enough to understand how it works, before looking for 3rd party solutions to control mapping. I don't think a 3rd party utility will detect a conflict with an assignment within MSFS.

Looking for conflicts is the first step in debugging any controller issues. Once you have a "clean" setup with no internal conflicts, then sure... use a 3rd party control interface if it gives you more functions than in the default settings.

• Like 1

MSFS 2020 will support up to 4 engine throttles with separate axis assigned to each.

If you have a split throttle, then your inputs for the thrustmaster should show 2 z-axis, usually labeled L-Joystick z axis, and R-Joystick z axis.   I don't have your system, but my CH-Flight sim yoke does something similar with the Throttle,Condition,mixture controls.

The trick then is to find out which side of the split throttle is what.  and then pair those with engine 1 and engine 2 throttle axis.

While your at it, you can even pair engines 3 and 4 similarly, so that when you fly the 747, you'll be able to control engines 3 and 4 without remapping.  

you can assign a single h/w throttle to two engine axis like this. without FSUIPC

I am temporarily using MS Sidewinder with a single Power lever. it will work for single and twins. You could extend this to 4 engine 747 too.

Assign Throttle 1 Axis to the h/w axis..in my case it is Joystick slider 1

Assign Throttle 2 Axis to the same h/w axis. Joystick slider 1 (if you have two power levers hardware, assign the second one here) I have only 1 power h/w lever so I assigned  that one to both engines.

https://ibb.co/5kp4G3B

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

So, how do you setup for a single engine aircraft prop, twin engine prop, jet 2 engine, jet three engine and jet 4 engine?

11 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

So, how do you setup for a single engine aircraft prop, twin engine prop, jet 2 engine, jet three engine and jet 4 engine?

how many h/w power levers do you have? 

If you have 4 independent h/w levers

Assign Throttle 1 Axis to 1st  h/w lever 

Assign Throttle 2 Axis to the 2md h/w lever

Assign Throttle 3 Axis to the 3rd h/w lever

Assign Throttle 4 Axis to the fourth h/w lever

If you have only 1 h/w lever, I want to physically move that single h/w lever and move all 4 power throttle in the sim.

Assign Throttle 1 Axis to the only single  h/w lever 

Assign Throttle 2 Axis to the only single  h/w lever

Assign Throttle 3 Axis to the only single  h/w lever

Assign Throttle 4 Axis to the same only single  h/w lever

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Not important. I simplyimply use FSUIPC for each aircraft type profiles. No switching each time.

Hi Guys, I'm probably being a bit dense here.....but, what does h/w stand for? I've been trying to think it through but my brain seem to be in thick cloud at the moment!!

Cheers...Ken.

10 minutes ago, kenny584 said:

Hi Guys, I'm probably being a bit dense here.....but, what does h/w stand for? I've been trying to think it through but my brain seem to be in thick cloud at the moment!!

Cheers...Ken.

hardware

I've always been a FSUIPC fan.  It does make life alot easier when simming.

Edited by ErichB