Sign in to follow this  
Chase

The current state of the forum.

Guest FxF3

Your right Rhett it may have been a little blount in the title.:)I guess I got wore down by the daily barage of FSX bashing it showed in the title.

My two cents.A) I am sick of having to weed through numerous posts filling up this forum of "this game sucks" or "why this game sucks" - to be able to find the posts from people like myself that are trying to improve what we have. They are putting thier time and efforts in constructivly to make this sim better for themselves, and by sharing - ALL OF US benefit.2) I am a long time simmer, with thousands of dollars invested over the hobby. Every other "release" has been the same as this. It provides better potencial for immersion than the previous, but takes time to get it there. Birds, Scenery, Weather, etc will all be better I'm sure, and I really look forward to seeing the deveoplers pushing the FSX platform and features as was done with all the others.3)I personally give Mike slack on the above (regardless if I agree or disagree with him), as I would rather have him just the way he is. A reviewer is a person that reports an OPINION of a products quality based on his or her own preferences, so you need to identify if you have the same preferences as your reviewer. I also give him slack as he is part of AVSIM, and they host this. I'm a no bs guy, and appreciate people that are the same.I laughed my arse off at The Big Simbouski, but I am not in here posting day after day about FSX downfalls, leading people on to comment more the same.So lets see more constructive posts and less chaff. Or PLEASE create a blow hole section for those that want to b*tch, while the othershere can read posts about making it better.Regards'Garett Schmidt

I actually thought some of the uncivilness would reduce, when the FS9 forum was re-created the other week. I thought that was part of the reason why AVSIM staff did that. Anyway, it did not seem to help.I kind of figured some of the baddies would go there and leave the rest of us alone, if they didn't want any help, and just wanted to prattle and tell us we're lying about the fps we're getting. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (91.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest JJCarter

Allcott,Respectfully sir, your comment is exactly the kind of post that serves no other purpose other than to be immflammatory. I will give it no further recognition. I will continue to find my FSX help on other sites I guess... as too many here just want to insult, inflame, dress down, and otherwise aggravate people and try to make themselves be "king of the hill". I'll be back when the AVSIM staff gets a handle on this. Take care.Jim Carter

The current state of the forum seems to be that too many people are here thinking they're having fun complaining instead of actually having fun flying.That said, I have an Orian to attend to. Ta-ta... @-@

Guest Len

Now if an AVSIM staff reviewer is fanning the flames then what exactlydo you expect everyone else to do?Your reviewer is running FSX on Vista Beta and not even running it onXP as the vast majority are.I would expect more from a staff member of what I and many othersconsider to be the premier site for flightsimming.Respectfully yours,CraigYou sir commited the cardinal sin of posting: bringing previous issues, battles, over to a new thread. It's uncalled for and generally this kind of rehash cross-posting is deleted. And by the way, he isn't doing any "fanning" of flames. His posts are direct and honest. They may not be palatable to you but they're straightforward.

Hey Len, I didn't know your wrote the forum rules. And I just don't trust folks with a disabled profile. Craig

Craig:I am that Avsim staff member to whom you are referring. What flames am I fanning Craig? When YOU ASSUME someone is having serious problems with their system then you step across into territory you know absolutely nothing about. If you make a statement about my system and have absolutely no facts, don't be insulted when someone calls you on it. Secondly, if Vista RC2 were the issue then I'd be the only one here complaining. Unfortunately the majority of complaints come from those running XP, so the point is? Again, you say these things and I should site here placidly? My title says Avsim Staff Reviwer NOT Staff Mother Theresa.YOU posted assumptions and inuendos (and continue to do so) that are simply and unequiovocably incorrect and you point your finger at me for fanning flames? Isn't that a tad bit hypocritical? Ataboy, ruin the great post by Asim. Did that post really ruin your life so much that you had to copy it here? Besides, its not like I said that I'd fly you here COACH, I offered FIRST CLASS!!! Jeeze, there's just no pleasing some people! :-lol

Guest saudi_777

Thanks for your replies, guys.Allcott: How polite is it for you to imply that I know that there's another thread that has the same topic, when in reality you have no idea whatsoever as to whether or not I know about the existance of the other thread you mentioned?I absolutely have no idea about the other thread that you mentioned. It's not nice to tell me to practise what I preach or to be polite, because I do practise what I preach and I am polite.Above all, if you haven't noticed, I'm a moderator in this forum. That means that part of my duty in this forum is to voice my opinion about anything in this forum at any time. This is also part of the duty of the other forum moderators and administrators.Next time, be more considerate and careful whenever you write any post in this forum.FxF3: With all due respect, my opinion that the title of your thread is unconstructive and inappropriate still stands. Next time, be more considerate and careful.Regards,

Guest FxF3

"FxF3: With all due respect, my opinion that the title of your thread is unconstructive and inappropriate still stands. Next time, be more considerate and careful."Understood.

EDIT: Agular, be nice. I'm not saying that I'm "the almighty king", and I don't want to be viewed as that. I'm just saying that I'm a forum moderator, and that I'm doing part of my duty.Regards,Asim

>>OK, everyone bow down. Get over yourself.Go away and leave Asim alone, he's just doing his job.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Binncott

I think everyone (and I include myself) needs to be a bit more understanding of the opposite point of view.I admit I got a bit annoyed with folks posting what great results they were getting without giving details of what they were using, where they were flying etc. Now that's my own personal bug, because being on a tight budget I really needed to know whether FSX was a serious consideration.Those of you who do have FSX, and are satisfied with it, that's great, however there are a lot of folks out there who (by virtue of the traffic they have or the use they want) are not happy. Understand that they are not happy, and as customers, they have the right to say so. Stop being so defensive, it seems whenever someone makes a criticism however small, about 4 or 5 folks jump in with Stop BAshing FSX or Stop Bashing MS, or Go away to another forum calls.It's not funny, it's not necessary and it's not clever.One final thought for you to ponder;There is a really informative post from Mr. Taylor of ACES, which attempts to address the concerns/worries.Do you really think that he would have felt the need to make his comments, had no-one bothered to complain?BC

Guest FxF3

And can edit post as a mod.:) Still Binncott can complaints be about legit things also without name calling also. That would go along way on both sides to just get the legit problems out of the way in a civil manner from both the pro FSX and the Ones that don't like FSX for whatever reason.Binncott I'm not saying you I'm just saying it should go both ways. I did mine by mistake and it was pointed out to me so I'm sure others have been doing the same thing.

>There is a really informative post from Mr. Taylor of ACES,>which attempts to address the concerns/worries.>>Do you really think that he would have felt the need to make>his comments, had no-one bothered to complain?I've been a gamer for a long time and active on many forums, and I've seen countless instances of fans being very disappointed with a new title. However, this is the first time I've seen an entire community completely and utterly implode over a product not meeting their expectations. In my opinion, all of this anger and bitterness was not even remotely necessary to get the attention of someone like Phil Taylor.It is possible to complain about a product without dragging down an entire forum community with you.