Sign in to follow this  
Guest FxF3

It all really boils down to this.

Guest flightgamer

What computer did ACES and MS use to get those great screenshots and movies with a playable, smooth game. If it exists then tell us so we can go buy one. Otherwise, if you took detailed screenshots when it was unplayable or choppy or worse yet paused on the fastest machine out there I think that that was dishonest to customers. Let's face it, didn't the designers of the game know exactly how it ran on their system? Are they sitting around right now saying "I don't know what's wrong with everyone, it works great on our machine?!?" I guess I feel a little slighted. I'm looking forward to buying a machine that can really play it well and maxed out like the screenshots next year....hopefully.PS If you have a system that rocks with FSX please always post your specs so that the rest of us can have that too. THX

Guest PowderBlue

lol they don't have a super computer that can run FSX! Didn't you seee their commercial on tv? Even they can't get it to work right. I noticed it when the beechcraft went up and down like it was on a pendellum with an elephant.

Guest SimFan71

LOL - must admit the commercials did make it look like they had it running at about 5 FPS!Glad to say I have it running a lot better than that - but to get the pics like they have on the box AND have it run smoothly, well I would like to meet the person who has that system - I'll build one for myself!

>lol they don't have a super computer that can run FSX! Didn't>you seee their commercial on tv? Even they can't get it to>work right. I noticed it when the beechcraft went up and down>like it was on a pendellum with an elephant. That was so show that one can get dizzy from using it.Or is it dizzy from trying to get it to work. hum lol

Guest Adrian Wainer

>What computer did ACES and MS use to get those great>screenshots and movies with a playable, smooth game. If it>exists then tell us so we can go buy one. Otherwise, if you>took detailed screenshots when it was unplayable or choppy or>worse yet paused on the fastest machine out there I think that>that was dishonest to customers. Let's face it, didn't the>designers of the game know exactly how it ran on their system?> Are they sitting around right now saying "I don't know what's>wrong with everyone, it works great on our machine?!?" I>guess I feel a little slighted. I'm looking forward to buying>a machine that can really play it well and maxed out like the>screenshots next year....hopefully.>>>PS >If you have a system that rocks with FSX please always post>your specs so that the rest of us can have that too. THXThis is my guess http://www.cray.com/products/xt3/index.htmlhttp://www.cray.com/products/xt3/specifications.htmlexcept when Bill Gates turned up to see FSX running, they frontended it through a terminal rigged up to look like a Intel Pentium 3 personal computer Http://www.intel.com/support/processors/pentiumiii/.and et Voila! Abra Ka Dabra forty frames with all the sliders turned to max.Saludos AmigosAdrian Wainer

Guest FxF3

FSX runs well on my computer. It can on your computer also if you meet the specs listed on the box use the sliders. Is it really ACes fault that you want use the sliders?

Guest Adrian Wainer

>FSX runs well on my computer. It can on your computer also if>you meet the specs listed on the box use the sliders. >>Is it really ACes fault that you want use the sliders?What next? You will be telling me that if I want anything better than a blank screen, I must have a personality disorder and be engaging in an obsessive compulsive psychoneurotic attack on ACES?Sorry this sim stinks, for putting out such poor frame rates in top of the range hardware.Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Guest Tingoose

It's quite clearly misleading to the casual simmer to post such nice screenshots. And you can take nice screenshots easily. Pause you pc, turn up a few sliders, choose a cool angle and then clean up in photoshop. I haven't seen one screenshot of FSX from a user that comes anywhere near those Aces screenshots, and even if I did, I know it would be a paused shot with sliders etc pushed up just for the shot. Aces must rejoice evry time they read about someone who says they are satisfied with the sim. They won't have to try harder next time. . . !

Perhaps they ran the sim at half speed when creating the movies and then doubled the saved movies' frame rate? I don't know, but since FSX presumably runs better on a Vista-equipped PC with a DX10-capable card (and they couldn't have had one available) maybe this is what they did.That's what I would have done if I were them.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest FxF3

>>FSX runs well on my computer. It can on your computer also>if>>you meet the specs listed on the box use the sliders. >>>>Is it really ACes fault that you want use the sliders?>>What next? You will be telling me that if I want anything>better than a blank screen, I must have a personality disorder>and be engaging in an obsessive compulsive psychoneurotic>attack on ACES?>>Sorry this sim stinks, for putting out such poor frame rates>in top of the range hardware.>>Best and Warm Regards>Adrian Wainer Nope would not tell you that Adrian just that you can get FSX to run with the sliders adjusted right. Thats all.The Sim does not stink for me its very enjoyable on my computer which is above min Specs, but no way is it top of the line range either. I am just stating the facts if you use the sliders you can run it as Aces has claimed. No lie on their part no miss leading.

Guest Ozzie

One guy over on another forum seems to have solved the problemCopy & paste"Solved FPS issue. Getting 20 FPS maxed.Unfortunately it cost me $6,000 to do it. Just got a new Dell XPS700 loaded with 2 GB quad SLI video, 10,000 rmp disk drive and Core 2 Extreme. With everything set on "ultra high" I am getting 20fps in most flights which is what I have set as the target. Over graphic heavy cities like seattle with lots of cloud cover even this system drops to 12-15 fps. I hope Vista will run at 24 fps regardless of amount of detail, clouds and city size." Unfortunately he seems to have not noticed that FSX does not support SLI (or Dual Core) and the cards do not support DX10I wonder how he will feel when he finds out?

Guest Adrian Wainer

>One guy over on another forum seems to have solved the>problem>>Copy & paste>>"Solved FPS issue. Getting 20 FPS maxed.>>>Unfortunately it cost me $6,000 to do it. Just got a new Dell>XPS700 loaded with 2 GB quad SLI video, 10,000 rmp disk drive>and Core 2 Extreme. With everything set on "ultra high" I am>getting 20fps in most flights which is what I have set as the>target. Over graphic heavy cities like seattle with lots of>cloud cover even this system drops to 12-15 fps. I hope Vista>will run at 24 fps regardless of amount of detail, clouds and>city size.">> >Unfortunately he seems to have not noticed that FSX does not>support SLI (or Dual Core) and the cards do not support DX10>>I wonder how he will feel when he finds out?It is not as bad as that, it is probably worse in that unless a game has a specific profile for Quad SLI it can drop down to using only one card of the four, my guess is that FSX does not have a profile for Quad SLI and what he is doing is runing two of the four cards in SLI with the other two cards doing nothing except suck air in and out.Best and Warm regardsAdrian Wainer

Guest FxF3

He will get Vista upgrade for Free. Plus he has a great computer for anything else he wants it for. Now All I'm saying if I put that computer together My FSX would get better FPS then what he is reporting. Maybe he needs to come to this forum and get some tips on how to get FSX up and running much betterfor his sytem. Also Dell has a return policy he can use.

Guest Adrian Wainer

>He will get Vista upgrade for Free. Plus he has a great>computer for anything else he wants it for. >>Now All I'm saying if I put that computer together My FSX>would get better FPS then what he is reporting. Maybe he needs>to come to this forum and get some tips on how to get FSX up>and running much better>for his sytem. One: Quad SLI is an overpriced crockhttp://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2006/05/0...7900_gx2/1.htmlTwo: Yep and no doubt you can walk on water, and dodge laser beams.Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

>PS >If you have a system that rocks with FSX please always post>your specs so that the rest of us can have that too. THXMy system doesn't rock FSX, but it runs it pretty well. Specs in sig.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (91.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB