Sign in to follow this  
wthomas33065

Marketplace issues (Failed downloads)

Is anyone else having Marketplace issues with failed downloads/upgrades?  It took me 5 times to download the small KDEN update that was posted.  And at least that many times to download the Orbx update.

The freeware airport from Aerofly?  Forget it.  Package fails almost immediately (Thankfully I got that from Aerofly directly earlier and can use it in the Community folder, but the one available from Marketplace appears to error out.

Is this an issue with the Marketplace being overrun?  My connectivity to the internet on my end seems fine, so I don't think it's that.  But if no one else is having issues in the Marketplace on with updating via content manager, then I'll start looking locally 

I have seen recent failed downloads like this from the Marketplace, too.  At one point, my download speed dropped to about one tenth of normal and the download succeeded, albeit slowly.  I reduced the QoS maximum speed settings in my D-Link router, essentially throttling the overall download speed from 50 to 40 Mbps, and a download completed with no failures.  There seemed to be something in the Simulator and its Marketplace that couldn't keep up to the download speed, or perhaps my computer was not able to provide a handshake fast enough, in my case anyway.  It might still be worthwhile to check on things locally because I haven't seen other reports of this so far.

Rick

Problem solved.  Combination of bad placement of my wireless ethernet adapter combined with using pathetic 2.4Mhz wireless network.

Moved the adapter to the front USB ports and connected to 5Mhz wifi and problem solved.

4 minutes ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

I am currently unable to download EKCH from the marketplace. Tries to download up to 40.1/1.18GB and the download fails. I try to download again, no solve. 

Do a speedtest (www.speedtest.net), what's your numbers 

5 minutes ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

19.2 down 29.16 up. I pay for 360 so this may be the issue why I can't download. 

I had numbers in the teens.  But that was because my wireless adapter was in the back of the computer and I was connected to slow 2.4Mhz wifi.  I moved the adapter and attached to my 5Mhz wifi and got 50+ Mbps down and downloaded first time 

Edited by wthomas33065

3 minutes ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

I find that whenever i am not running MSFS my internet speeds jump back up to the mid 100s. This is even when it's in the main menu, my internet speeds die right down. 

When I checked Task Manager during the download, I was pulling 30 to 60 Mps during the download.  Your mileage may vary, but that was the issue for me.

Go into your "profile" and try connecting to a different server.

Edited by wthomas33065

No solution. I am unsure why my internet speeds completely degrade the moment the sim is launched and running. No sim running speed in the hundreds. Sim running speeds less that 25.