Sign in to follow this  
bobrbend

What's new in P3D v5's World?

I think we are all expecting 5.1 this fall. But not much is known. I’m excited for orbx pbi hopefully soon and a few others coming soon.   FSimStudios Vancouver and Halifax. Pacific island Cleveland. Tfdi md-11 in next year. Obviously things have slowed down for us over here as developers see a new source of revenue with msfs. 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Rumors are that Lockheed Martin bought the code from MSFS just like they did with FSX and have made it into a awesome flight sim 😜😎😎😎😎

• Upvote 1

I'm really looking forward to FSimStudios Vancouver and Halifax. I have FSDT Vancouver, but it's a little dated, I think.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

The lack of activity in this thread kind of says it all and it's really sad. No facts, no rumors, no gossip. Just a whole bunch of nothing.

Where is the roadmap? Where is the community hub where LM involves the users? Where is the list of bug reports? How to you even report bugs and get feedback?  Where are the regular development updates from LM involving the community, showing what they're working on and asking for feedback?

Some people identified this in the very beginning, i.e. that we the flightsim community is not their target audience, we're just really cheap beta testers.  Well here we are. Turns out they were totally right.

• Like 7

seems that way. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I’m not defending the lm P3d team. But they have always been awful at communication. Nothing new here 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

well, to look at that with an positive attitude it could also tell us...

- LM is nicely and hard working on 5.1 but also take the chance to have a closer look on what MSFS is offering to the simmers presently and try to make an acceptable eqivalent P3D with EA...

- the lack of posts here could also mean that in fact we are happy fly with V5 or V4.5 and don´t hit major issues actually, which is good news then...

- we "prepared" left ones are happily watching all the issuereports about MSFS by not meaning happy because "well, thats what we exspected and preached in advance", but more in being happy to have a stable and adult SIM we can fly especially our complex commercial airliner stuff...

and anyway the forum is flooded with post about MSFS and so post about P3D are may not noticed enough.  

😇

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

P3D is used (supposed) to be for training and military. Not for fun or scenery. No one uses MSFS for simulator for now only P3D (true flight sim) and not MSFS or XPlane.

• Upvote 3

Then why did they add things like god rays, avatar mode and true sky?

• Like 1

Good day everyone. Time to speculate, come on.....

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

18 hours ago, bobrbend said:

Any rumors, scuttlebutt, gossip or even facts about what's happening?

Yeah..it's now competing with MSFS~!  Sorry, I couldn't resist...the Devil made me do it! 😉

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Then why did they add things like god rays, avatar mode and true sky?

To add as an USP. 

Saudis like gimmicks like flashy indicators on wingmirrors on cars

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, edpatino said:

Good day everyone. Time to speculate, come on.....

Cheers, Ed

Ed I don't think anyone here will be posting much on this forum. Mostly tired of the kiddies and silly stuff. They have been allowed to run amuck for a year now and most just tired of the giggles.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/