Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

C310 Redux - confusing fuel selector colors

16 hours ago, Slayer68 said:

I believe it is on Eastern but no matter our devs are scattered all over the world so I don't think it really matters.

I posted this question in the Milviz support forum for the 310 Redux and still waiting for an answer. It's kinda strange that I get more prompt replies here in comparison to the official support forum.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

On 9/13/2020 at 12:34 AM, oneleg said:

@StewartH

@Stewarth  From the manual, see item 'd' below. Now I don't know what the label 'Crossfeed' below is for then... does anyone know?

C310%20Fuel%20selector%20placard3.jpg?ra

Here's a video demo:

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Instead of using the popup view to set the fuel tanks, have you tried using the non-popup view, i.e., selecting the tanks directly from the floor selector?  I almost never use the popup view--I recall  having some issues using the popup view, but that was awhile ago.  I think that could be the issue you are having.

Stew

Edited by StewartH
  • Like 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

4 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Instead of using the popup view to set the fuel tanks, have you tried using the non-popup view, i.e., selecting the tanks directly from the floor selector?  I almost never use the popup view--I recall  having some issues using the popup view, but that was awhile ago.  I think that could be the issue you are having.

Stew

Yup, selecting the tanks directly from the floor selector works. Great tip! Thank you.

How do you quickly move to the floor selector? There's too many key press combination involved now eg. Ctrl-Shift-Enter, Shift-Enter... etc. It kinda defeats the convenience purpose of simply popping up and closing the fuel selector window panel using Shift-2. I have the X52 combo sticks but I am currently using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick for simplicity's sake.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

3 minutes ago, oneleg said:

How do you quickly move to the floor selector?

Press the "a" key twice, I think.  🙂

Edited by StewartH
  • Like 1

Stew

2 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Press the "a" key twice, I think.  😕

I just tried it and it works. Perfect! Thank you.

Makes one wonder why Milviz even went to the trouble of creating the Shfit-2 pop-up.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

3 minutes ago, oneleg said:

I just tried it and it works. Perfect! Thank you.

Makes one wonder why Milviz even went to the trouble of creating the Shfit-2 pop-up.

It used to work either way, but at some point, something got goofed up with one of the updates and was never fixed.  It wasn't a show-stopper for me since I like to use the "a" for changing my views of the front panel and the rest of the interior of the aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Stew