Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Posted this GREAT FPS config

This post is in answer on a thread. I just wanted most to read, and put this configuration to work in their FSX kitchen.I'm getting great performance.From 3-5 FPS out of the package, to post all-tweaks, and what follows:Cheers!-------------------------------------------------------------------You're absolutely RIGHT!After reading your post..and the replies, I went back to FSX...and took out the stuff you postulated was sucking up the CPU cycles.Right on the money!I got rid of: (tabs fully to the left and off)Marine Equipment (pleasure and ferry)Put Commercial A.I. at 33 percentTurned GENERAL Aviation full to the left (nothing)Put Road Traffic at 25 percentPut AIRPORT vehicles at MEDIUMPut all SCENERY sliders WEST, (smile), other than no AUTO GEN.The only exception to that was SCENERY DETAIL at NORMAL.With all the above, on a Pentium 4 3.4/ATI X800XT:I get 25 and UP!!!! FPS (Yesssssssssssssssir!) at 1,500 ASL and higher (ANY SCENERY, any part of the world)I get 12-19 on approach to MAJOR, DETAILED airports.I get 8-18 whilst on the ground at the majors, with all animation going on around me, including departure and arrival A.I.FSX is now VERY, VERY usable.Give my settings a try and you will love it. If you like what you see..then make sure to SAVE it as DEFAULT.cfgCheers!Mitch R.

That sounds like a pretty dismal looking sim experience.

Actually, not really. It looks pretty good. The main animation I want for now is road traffic.The photo-realistic base also looks good for a sense of movement and fly-over.This was the mix that gives me great performance for my setup. When there is something out there that can give all-sliders WEST...then I'll run that way.Hey..I only have to think back to FS 95 and 98. I didn't trash those, was drooling to have them on my Pent 200, AND I got great enjoyment from those two renditions.It's all head-space. It's what you will allow yourself to enjoy at any given moment.FSX eye-candy will come when I have the equipment to run it. Until then? I'm going GOLD!Back to the Robinson Beta II over Michigan Yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!Cheers!Oh BTW, when firing up ASV 6.5, my MAX 25 fps shaved down to around 19-22. Just thought I'd report that. Mitch'er

I have previously hesitated to post, but what the heck I can only get flamed, right!? :)My experience with FSX has been mixed, but mostly positive, and I don't have FS9 installed any longer. Negate what I say as much as you want, but my preformance is very acceptable. On average my sim is smooth and very flyable. I have used it with the following add-ons with great success:ActiveSky 6.5 :)[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="2" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1][td width=500]Jason[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][/b]

Guest fatboysim

Encouraging. What's your weather settings?

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Just a minor observation, I believe you mean you want to move the sliders all to the RIGHT (EAST), not LEFT (WEST) since going to the right would add MORE detail, rather than less.Unless, of course, you live "down under"... ;-) --2002cbr600f4i

With no autogen, FSX look merely marginal on my machine. I followed the other fsx.cfg tweaks and i can have the same graphics with dense autogen, which makes all the difference (at least for VFR flying).

Guest Redvan

cool :) yeah, i knew you were... talked before :) haven't gotten around to finding out about FBO parking fees at KLAN... websites i've checked said nothin about it, i'll ask my aviation maintenance instructor see if he knows...michiganians unite! for... fun.. or something.... lol, i just like to know who's from the same state as me :)

I always think SOUTH....WARM.North orientation (ok..ok you're right in reading any map) yes..to the East.But...think sun....and it's to the West, LOLBusted....lol:)Mitch

Originally from Van Nuys, California (in the Valley)Will be moving to Michigan within a year, but yes, you can consider me a Michigander for all intents and purposes. Great state. The North will rise again, LOL! So will the Big Three.Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest tejksed

Ok I tried this, and I just do not like it.I realy like autogen so on this one I will sit out.Thanks for the suggestion.