Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Where are flightplans stored?

Has antone gotten this to work with SimBrief Downloader?

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Has antone gotten this to work with SimBrief Downloader?

Yes, I use it all the time.  Make sure the download directory is:

C:\Users\--Your User Name--\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

On 9/11/2020 at 4:55 PM, pinepix62 said:

Only problem is that all the files in the MSF directories (including LocalState and Community) gets encrypted and you can not even copy files you created yourself from these directories. Very frustrating as I want to keep backups of some of my files. Has anyone found a way around this or is it something I did wrong during installation.

That isn't true. Nothing gets encrypted. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 1/21/2021 at 9:59 PM, ega said:

My flightplans are stored here: 

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\FlightPlans

Thank you.  Clear and precise.

On 9/11/2020 at 2:59 PM, duckbilled said:

I actually want to be able to export it to Navigraph charts do I can display the flightplan on the moving map. 

In Navigraph Charts, go to "Flights", then select "Import Flight", and then "Import from File".   Then you select a .pln file to load.

I store all of my flightplans in C:\Flightplans which for me is nice and simple.  That way I can quickly load them into LittleNavMap, Pilot2ATC, or Navigraph Charts.
I use the format KMIAMUHA01.pln and for example KMIAMUHA02.pln as my file format -- the 02 being another routing I might use depending on winds, weather, etc.

That's how I presently do it anyway.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 9/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, pinepix62 said:

Only problem is that all the files in the MSF directories (including LocalState and Community) gets encrypted and you can not even copy files you created yourself from these directories. Very frustrating as I want to keep backups of some of my files. Has anyone found a way around this or is it something I did wrong during installation.

This is simply not true!
Files in the community folder are never encrypted, unless they were originally by the developer which I have not seen yet. Neither is the LocalState, at least in general.
Unless off course you are using something like Bitlocker but that kind of encryption does not affect your ability to see, edit or move those files.

I can edit files in these folders and move or copy them whenever I want to.

Regarding the default location of saved flightplans, on my system the first location always points to C:\\Users\Username\Documents\Flight Simulator\.
It might not be your preference but it is easily accesible by other applications. You must actively save them though, it is not done automatically.

Edited by orchestra_nl
saved location

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5