Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

Graphics settings keep changing

Last week I installed MSFS on a new computer. On start up the graphics setting defaulted to high end. I found though that the system runs MSFS perfectly fine on Ultra.

I have observed however, that MSFS defaults to 'high end', every time I start it. I have tried custom settings, but the same thing happens. On re start  of MSFS it defaults to high on every startup.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any idea how to fix this?

Robin

Kinda an old thread, specially in the MSFS saga but I just started experiencing this also. Resets to default. Any causes?

Graphic and data settings remain. But the filters on the world map for navaids, waypoints and control areas are off again after a restart (since patch 2).

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

Do you have Nvidia Geforce Experiance installed? That can auto change your game settings. You need to into it's options and turn off automatic game settings if you do.

52 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

Do you have Nvidia Geforce Experiance installed? That can auto change your game settings. You need to into it's options and turn off automatic game settings if you do.

Yes I do and thanks, I'll give it a try! Didn't help. Even uninstalled GE force experience and reinstalled Driver. Still doesn't save, resets to default.

Edited by Adrian123

2 hours ago, EDDB2020 said:

Graphic and data settings remain.

I wish they would, but they don't on my system. They seem to revert to the settings pre patch 2. I then made the changes in the userconfig file and they stick.

2 hours ago, EDDB2020 said:

But the filters on the world map for navaids, waypoints and control areas are off again after a restart (since patch 2).

I can confirm this. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px