Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Remove toolbar handle - works well!

42 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks to all involved for this mod!

With the latest mod in the Community folder, should the toolbar appear if the mouse if moved to the top of the screen. If so, that aspect does not seem to be working for me. BTW, I use Windowed Mode.

Thx,

Al

4 minutes ago, ark said:

With the latest mod in the Community folder, should the toolbar appear if the mouse if moved to the top of the screen

I don't use windowed mode but I just tested it.   You get the toolbar if you move the mouse to the top of the _window_ as long as it's within the rough area where the handle would be -- probably the center 1/4 to 1/3 depending on how wide your monitor is.   If you go to the top of the _screen_ you don't get the toolbar unless a) the game window is active, and b) you move your mouse "through" that same section of the window on the way to the top.

12 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I don't use windowed mode but I just tested it.   You get the toolbar if you move the mouse to the top of the _window_ as long as it's within the rough area where the handle would be -- probably the center 1/4 to 1/3 depending on how wide your monitor is.   If you go to the top of the _screen_ you don't get the toolbar unless a) the game window is active, and b) you move your mouse "through" that same section of the window on the way to the top.

Hi Rob,

It seems on my system for some reason the plane has to be in the air ( or maybe it's an IAS issue ) before the toolbar will appear -- don't know why. I recall now seeing this sometimes even before the mod. The toolbar mod seems to work as intended once airborne.

Thanks again,

Al

I wonder if we keep stuffing things in Community could we saturate it up to a point it will take some fps stutter or time to access the files? For just one plane i already have a mod, another for lights, one just for the garmin...

Edited by kapitan

Another tiny mod that solves what was a huge irritation for me.

Thanks to whoever developed this.

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

6 minutes ago, kapitan said:

I wonder if we keep stuffing things in Community could we saturate it up to a point it will take some fps stutter or time to access the files? For just one plane i already have a mod, another for lights, one just for the garmin...

It depends on what the mods themselves do.   A simple one like this, which really only tweaks the CSS for one element, will pretty much have 0 effect on anything other than the slight extra time it takes to load the mod on startup.  Something more complex?   Absolutely.   There's additional work going on in, say, the WT G1000 to provide the enhanced features, and that takes extra time.  How much of an effect it has would depend highly upon what the mod does and how well it was written, though.

But just the fact of having the mods there?  No, not really.

20 minutes ago, kapitan said:

I had this same thought exactly, and I recently cleaned out my community folder. One thing I did throw out was the gazillion plane mega liveries pack, that I had. I have now downloaded 4 or 5 individual liveries and its all good.

I was also a bit concerned about whether some of these mods would cause any conflicts within the sim.

Edited by stubbornswiss

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

1 hour ago, stubbornswiss said:

I was also a bit concerned about whether some of these mods would cause any conflicts within the sim.

Well, they can certainly cause conflicts with each other.  It's definitely best to limit the number of potentially overlapping mods you have to avoid conflicts.  This is also why I felt the need to sink a chunk of my evening into writing a little document on how folks can write better mods, even if no one ever reads it.

This ecosystem could really do with an advanced mod manager that's smart enough to track the changes inside of packages and priority and let you know when there might be a conflict.   But I don't have time to work on that one right now, I'm too busy fixing the G1000. 😄

• Like 2

Sincere thanks for this.  It works great! 

I reckon half of the people using flight sim would download it if they knew about it - especially the youtube video makers. 🙂

I read your dissertation; very interesting, and makes perfect sense.  👍

At least if MS/Asobo add more content in there in the future, it will show it.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Thank you for this mod, small and efficient. IMO this handle is irritating, appearing each time I move the mouse to look around, especially for me as I never used to toolbar buttons (I use keys instead).

6 hours ago, stubbornswiss said:

Another tiny mod that solves what was a huge irritation for me.

Thanks to whoever developed this.

Yes agree, thank you this is awesome and works just as before but invisible until you move the mouse over, outstanding

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Awesome mod. Thank you.. 1 less gimmicky useless thing on the screen now.

tpewpb-6.png