Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Whats Makes FSX Any Different than any other Software Title

Guest CyberSimmer

If I too were fortunate enough to own one of Todays fastest Pc's. I too would fully expect to be able to run FSX at a minium of medium to medium high setting without having to sacrifice autogen, a.i. traffic and the likes. And rightfully so!Just imagine any other highly anticipated new software title released in a simular condition as FSX! Would I still be justifying its short coming? Would I be telling my fellow gamers just be patient and wait for new hardware to catch up? I seriously doubt it , and it would not be long before any such game would be quickly trashed in every gaming forum , put on the back burner , and just as quikly forgotten about! Never in all my years of gaming have I heard such optimism over a highly anticipated release! I would suspect thats what the people at Microsoft rely on most.For those who have purchased FSX and are disatified with the product I would suggest getting a refund of your copy of FSX rather than venting your frustrations and rehashing those frustrations on this forum , as I am afraid that is the only message the people at Microsoft will truly understand! Actions speak much louder than words! And I intend to do the same.CyberSimmer

Guest AOA

Hi"I would suspect thats what the people at Microsoft rely on most."It might just be and considering the condition that some third party aircraft have been released and still been given a big thumbs up by the majority of the community it has to make you wonder.Well anyway I learned long ago to not buy anything FS related on the day of it`s release and to really take the things that I read on these boards with a big grain of salt.It has made me a much happier simmer when I am not waiting on things wheather they be hardware or patches or rude commentary when I mention that something is`nt right.Pete

Guest OneTinSoldier

>If I too were fortunate enough to own one of Todays fastest>Pc's. I too would fully expect to be able to run FSX at a>minium of medium to medium high setting without having to>sacrifice autogen, a.i. traffic and the likes. And rightfully>so!>Well, I'm not going to disagree. But to me it seems the reality of many Flight Sim's of the past haven't been all that much different. When very complex flight sim titles like Falcon 4.0, IL2, LOMAC and were released you had to run them at pretty low settings in order to have them running smoothly on the hardware that was currently available at that time. When it comes to past releases of MS Flight Simulator it's been the same. Others have said it already, nothing has changed regarding this aspect of MSFS with FSX. FSX however may be a little bit more taxing on current hardware relative to how taxing past versions were, maybe.>Just imagine any other highly anticipated new software title>released in a simular condition as FSX! Would I still be>justifying its short coming? Would I be telling my fellow>gamers just be patient and wait for new hardware to catch up?>I seriously doubt it , and it would not be long before any>such game would be quickly trashed in every gaming forum , put>on the back burner , and just as quikly forgotten about! Never>in all my years of gaming have I heard such optimism over a>highly anticipated release! I would suspect thats what the>people at Microsoft rely on most.>>For those who have purchased FSX and are disatified with the>product I would suggest getting a refund of your copy of FSX>rather than venting your frustrations and rehashing those>frustrations on this forum , as I am afraid that is the only>message the people at Microsoft will truly understand! Actions>speak much louder than words! And I intend to do the same.>>CyberSimmerI agree, if an individual feels that FSX is just more demanding on current hardware than it should be and feels that it is an inferior product due to this or whatever other problem and/or aspect of the product, then they should write about their disappointment(diplomatically) to tell_fs@microsoft.com , speak with their wallet buy returning it to MS for a refund(apparently MS is willing to pay shipping costs too),http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/productrefund/refund.asp...and then they should move on.With that said, I can understand venting frustration on here once or twice, but rehashing the same 'ole thing over and over again isn't really going to accomplish much. I dunno, perhaps some people need to complain about the thing 20 times about something before they are finally able to feel they have got it off their chest.Take care,Jim