Sign in to follow this  
Guest anderlaind

Arianedesign Boeing in FSX

Guest anderlaind

Does anyone buy the new Boeing 737 V3 and install in FSX?The product seems very beautiful but costs so much (80 Euros with sound pack and only Boeing colour!).Worth it?Thank'sFrancesco.

Here is a quote from the Ariane website on their 'news' page:'Some people have asked us if any of these packages will work in FSX and how to install any of them into FSX. The aircraft working in FSX do not apply to the flight deck - only the aircraft at this time. Don't worry, we are developing a new flight deck for FSX - FSX requires all new code and a lot of new modeling. For some people who buy the 900 ER FULL PACK in time, they will get a free upgrade).'From that, I assume that their packages will not work fully in FSX (doubtless in much the same way as the PMDG models, which you can actually fly in FSX, but with many fetures not working). I.E. copying and pasting FS9 versions into FSX is largely a waste of time. No surprise there, since FSX has quite a few new features as far as aircraft and cockpit modelling goes.With regard to the Ariane B737, to be honest, I found the Ariane website rather confusingly laid out when it came to being entirely clear on what's on offer, which admittedly certainly seems like a lot. But when a lot is on offer, it helps if it is organised into some semblance of order which actually helps potential customers to make a choice. I suspect that a page on their website with something along the lines of: 'We make this and this, in versions including this, that and the other etc...' would probably help them quite a bit and almost certainly help them get more sales too! It would clearly be an improvement on the reams and reams of confusingly laid out info that their website has at the moment, which I imagine must be a real turn-off for potential customers. Me included.Maybe this is why the PMDG 737 seems more popular with people. It might not be as good as the Ariane 737(or maybe it is) but at least you don't need to trawl through a swamp of confusing info on the PMDG website to buy one, and when the PMDG product authentication and customer support was not as good as it could have been, as it initially was, they took steps to correct it and now have a website which makes purchasing simple and clear-cut. With marketing like that, it's no surprise that their B747 is so popular, and as a result regarded as among the best FS add-ons ever.The Ariane B737 models look loaded with features and very well modelled too, but the fact that the reviews page on the Ariane site doesn't have any reviews on it at all gets my alarm bells ringing. This doesn't mean that they aren't any good of course - I don't know - but what I do know is that there is no way I would buy anything from there without having read a few reviews, and the 'net isn't exactly teeming with reviews of the products, I did find some, but nothing for FSX as you might expect.If it's as good as it looks and seems, and an FSX version is forthcoming, I'd certainly considering getting hold of the Ariane version though. But their marketing and web design is in dire need of sorting out, that's for sure.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest anderlaind

Exactly my concerns...and no review that helps (no one in the whole web!very very strtange...).I found this from Simmarket "Does it fly in FSX? Yes it does. Although the flight deck will be subject to a minor upgrade, the aircraft flies in FSX 'straight out the box'..."So seems that this version of aircraft model is designed in the first place for FSX (minor upgrade only for the Flight deck) unlike PMDG,PSS or PIC,but who know...Francesco