Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

"Your bandwidth too low....."

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

It is very accurate. Remove those two lines...press SAVE and the above complaint is gone.

but where do i go to do that because i am having a tough time rn trying to figure it out

I never did the Google maps thing and the last time I flew (about  a month ago) I  received this about every 5 minutes.

An issue in the pipe to LA I'm thinking 🤔 

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

8 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

It is very accurate. Remove those two lines...press SAVE and the above complaint is gone.

I do not have Google maps mod and I still get this msg on startup.  It never happened before SU7.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, fsenthy2 said:

but where do i go to do that because i am having a tough time rn trying to figure it out

C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc

Edit the host (that is the entire file name and has no extension) and hosts.ics using Notepad - in Notepad you have to tell it to look at all files not just *.txt, which is the default

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

hosts file should have every line beginning with #. # means ignore this line. The last 2 lines may not have # in front of them. If so, delete them.

And it might help to put a shortcut to the path C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc in whatever place where you keep your other MSFS shortcuts, plane manuals, charts, information, etc. all together and organized. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I too have been having this issue ever since SU7. I get it every single time I try to fly. Sometimes I get the option to ignore, sometimes I don't. I've never downloaded the Google map mod. and I have a very fast, solid internet connection. I haven't been able to fly since the update at all. Before that, I've never had any connection issues.

3 hours ago, monica6211 said:

Before that, I've never had any connection issues.

I agree, the servers have been less than reliable lately.. 😉

Bert

The problem started after SU5 which is logical as a new wave of users came online. My conjecture is that  the bandwidth quota that Azure gives to MSFS is too small now, specially at peak times. That will probably not change for a while as MS would wait for the disaffection of part of the user base instead of building new capacities.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Rarely have any issues with bandwith, but since some days, I always get the message that my data could not be synchronized with the cloud, really annoying...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Evidently I did try the google map mod. I tried the editing host file post above, and that did the trick for me........smooth flying now.  Thank you to the ones who replied about the host file. Flew from KLAS to KPGE with a full stop taxi back at KGCN with no hiccups at all.

The internet in the US is a joke.

A phone tower that is not saturated doesn't exist.

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 9/12/2020 at 8:50 AM, sidfadc said:

Happened twice now, start a flight just before it loads in "Your bandwidth is too low, you have been switched to offline mode".  I'm on a wired 200GB connection and my speeds are just fine...

Is this a bug?

Thanks

What I hate is when this happens at times it force shuts off photogrammetry and greys out the option to turn it back on when the sim has a connection again (2 seconds later).  You have to restart the whole sim to get it back on again (I hate the comments, “I don’t use it anyway” like that’s a solution).  I posted about this in the official forums as we all are noticing this overall problem which started with SU5.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Another approach which worked for me, was to run the Google scenery mod and, whilst MSFS was loading, shut down the mod correctly by selecting "Stop". Then shutting down MSFS via Taskmaster and restarting. Worked. Mo hassle worrying about finding and editing any host file.

Thanks for everyones input as I was floundering for 2 days with the boradband width problem.

I have a fast connection, over 200.  And I get it a lot.  Yesterday, doing a flight from KORD to KATL, on approach in final, I got the message and lost all sight of the field.  That sucks.  Had to shut off the sim.  MS needs to address this.

Gnacino

Happened to me a few times with a 2.5GB optical fiber connection. 

Yes they need to address it.

A.