Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

QW BAe 146-100 for FSX:SE please

Hello again.

Would someone please repaint the base 146-100 (not the RJ) from QualityWings? I'd be looking for the overall colour to be Caterpillar yellow (the earthmover people!) with a dark grey almost black stripe down the windows with the same shade on the engine pods as per this pic below without the multijet surveyor logos on the fuse, tail and pods. Would it be easy to paint the main gear struts in the same colour? Thanks in advance. I reckon I'd like a flying banana private jet LOL.

rSh6nGD.png

Edited by HighBypass
simm added to title

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Polite monthly bump.. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Polite monthly bump to create a flying banana please? :cool:

Mark Robinson

Polite bump in time for Christmas, not that I know how long this repaint might take! :biggrin: Cheers.

Mark Robinson

Hi Mark

I have only just seen your request for the QW 146-100 “Caterpillar” scheme and as it has been a while since I last did a QW scheme I thought I would have a go at it, now you did not mention anything about a registration number or if you even wanted one so if you could confirm either way that would be great.

I did do a very quick draft of the scheme and with any luck there should be a screen shot of her below.

Take care and stay safe.

Jim Hodkinson

19fr8x3rfmzczby4g.jpg

• Like 1

Jim!

Thank you so much. :cool: Yes, a CAT yellow personal flying banana with shiny leading edges!

I'm not sure of a registration, something with a G- prefix :wink: The 146 is kind of a classy air truck IMO, so what do you reckon to G-W4GN? Would that be OK?

Truck = wagon after all... In addition WAGN appears to be taken and it's on a Stinson according to G-INFO , the CAA registration database. W4GN was not taken.

Many thanks in advance.

I've not yet decided on tail or nose art, but I'm certainly prepared to give that a go myself - I seem to have managed to do that on other planes. I just come unstuck when it gets to building the job from a .psd paintkit (Paint.net will understand photoshop files, but then getting different colours painted without over-writing the panel lines and other details OR tinting them with the new colour is when I fail to comprehend..) 🍻

Take care & stay safe yourself too!

Mark Robinson

Hi Mark

Well I have got G-W4GN to a state that is worth taking for a spin so if you would care to don your test pilots hat then here is the link to the zip archive for her…..

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4tlgefz743kke1f/QW_FSX_146_100_G-W4GN_01.zip/file

There is one thing I didn’t mention and perhaps I should have is that out of habit the scheme is in HD so if that proves to be an issue then just let me know and I will update the files to the Standard resolution.

Well that is about it I think except to mention that if you do have any problems adding any logo’s or nose art then if you let me have the images I can easily update the file set for you.

Take care and stay safe.

Jim Hodkinson

oaiwvvmkbp1nvxr6g.jpg

Jim - I'll get my test pilot's gear ready for a flight later on today and report back. Thank you very much kind sir! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Hi Jim!,

I've not flown her yet, but I've called her up in the sim. Excellent work! Thanks again. 🍻Regarding the HD scheme what size would standard textures be please? I don't think I'll have any issues, just curious. Now to get to grips flying here properly with a Navigraph subscription for the FMC data. :cool:

3SHHTa1.jpg

hBzxTNL.jpg

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

Hi Mark

Thank you for the feedback I am just glad to hear she is what you were expecting, as for the texture size differences the standard texture sheet is 2048 x 3048 pixels against the HD size of 4096x 4096 pixels which can put an extra load on the system as they are four times the size but then again most systems these days are in advance of the systems we had when the original QW 146 was released, but you can give it try yourself if you like as I have uploaded a Standard sized scheme in case you wanted to try it out, here is the download link for the file set and installation instructions…

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ce9beaf9fyoo58a/QW_FSX_146_100_G-W4GN_STD_01.zip/file

Well I think that is about it, so good luck with the 146 as she can be a bit “quirkey” to get to grips with as she is certainly no Boeing when it comes to the aircrafts systems.

Take care and stay safe.

Jim Hodkinson

Thank you Jim. Just curious; I've limited texture max load to 2048 via the DX10 Fixer - not sure if that applies to aircraft textures too? If so then my setup will limit the resolution anyway won't it?

Hehe I know what you mean about she's no Boeing (or an even simpler Airbus for that matter), but then again not many aircraft using 5 APU's are like their larger siblings :biggrin: :ph34r: Things such as can't use all the engine bleed airs to run the packs until after takeoff (just no.4 and the APU for A/C).

Oh and it goes without saying that by all means make the repaint available in the AVSIM library if you wish. Up to you kind sir.:cool:

Mark Robinson