Sign in to follow this  
ShawnG

Searching for Dewey Moore

Found it!  my favorite Idaho bush landing strip to scare passengers and crash!  It's not in the game as a departure/arrival airport like with Orbx NRM unfortunately, but it is depicted and landable.  I love the sound of a stall horn in the morning!

Start off at the Vines landing strip in Idaho near McCall, and head west along Big Creek.  If I have some ambition in the next couple days, I might film a quick video guide. If you want to practice bush landings, this whole area is fantastic.

bgXyYRe.jpg

4ajUs0x.jpg

• Like 2

People land planes there? Planes which are not having an in-flight emergency of some kind? :blink:

Is that strip near someones home? What I mean by that is, there's a reason to land there to drop of supplies etc. Rather than just having ...fun! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

AFAIK, it is a federally protected wilderness area, but the airstrips were in use before the wilderness area was declared, so they are still able to be used.  The use is mostly recreational as far as I’m aware, the forest service uses some of these strips officially, campers hikers and hunters will fly in as well, and adrenaline seeking bush pilots. There are a few rw YouTube videos of landings here.  This one is rated the “second” most difficult.  I’ll try to land at mile hi a few miles away at some point.

• Like 1

I've been flying in FSX then P3D and Orbx CRM for years there with this Idaho aviation bible

https://idahoaviation.com/all-idaho-airstrips

I look forward to your shots landing at Mile High. Landing there is not easy but you've to find it first ! 

3 hours ago, HighBypass said:

People land planes there? 

Recreation flying mostly, but some strips are close to ranches and some are used by the USFS. Bush flying at its best !

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Dewey Moore is a heckuva lot easier to land on in MSFS than in FSX/P3D. Nobody there though. No couple having a dirty weekend, not to mention creating fire hazards! 😠 

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.