Sign in to follow this  
Uwajimaya

Lighting updates for default aircraft

Just now, DarkMantle said:

Sorry for being Daft, but how do you install this?

Just unzip and put the selected mod folder in the community folder

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

just as a side note, this mod is not compatible with popular G3000 Enhanced mod (msfs2020-G3000-enhanced).  Just an FYI for you folks.

• Upvote 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Just unzip and put the selected mod folder in the community folder

Thanks.  I unzipped the CJ4 to the community folder however I'm not noticing anything any different

Never mind, figured it out.  Much better.  

Edited by DarkMantle

6 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

just as a side note, this mod is not compatible with popular G3000 Enhanced mod (msfs2020-G3000-enhanced).  Just an FYI for you folks.

Form a very brief look, this mod seems to rewrite everything not just the lighting code that was modified so it tends to not be compatible with most other mods for the same aircraft.

if you could work out how the in game loading order works and rename it something that makes it load first you might be able to work around it.  Though of course you may then have the problem of the lighting changes in this mod being overwritten by something else that loads later.

One important item I want to make sure folks understand - mods do not overWRITE anything, they only overRIDE (or not) behavior/features of the default SIM or another mod. The latter is the problem of loading order/mod priortiy Glenn is eluding to which myself and other mod makers are trying to solve. But if a mod is causing something weird, even a crash, all you need to do is remove it, no files are being overWRITTEN.  🙂

And re: loading order.. not a lot of progress so far, we ultimately need Asobo to implement mod management features. The simplicity of adding mods in FS2020 comes with the challenges of not just priority (e.g. load this mod first then ignore others than would cause a conflict) but also multiple mods modifying different sections of the same airplane. How do you recognize and combine that? Your move Asobo.

Happy Saturday everyone,

Just completed lighting updates for the 747, VL-3, Extra 330 and Super Cub. Also added the ice lights that are missing from the default D62. That wraps up the first pass of all editable default planes. Next up is panel lighting and maybe finding a way to reflect landing lights in clouds without it looking ugly outside of clouds.

Oh, and as mod conflicts and mod management are becoming more and more of an issue, I created a support ticket on ASOBOs zendesk to ask for better mod management features. Appreciate your up-vote if you're willing and able!

Happy to hear any feedback you might have!

-Uwa

• Like 4

FYI, just updated my mod to be compatible with today's patch. I also completed dedicated volumetric lighting for all default aircraft.

Asobo is working on a new effects system, we'll see what it means for the lighting behavior when they release it. Curious if anyone knows any more detail?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Uwajimaya said:

FYI, just updated my mod to be compatible with today's patch. I also completed dedicated volumetric lighting for all default aircraft.

Asobo is working on a new effects system, we'll see what it means for the lighting behavior when they release it. Curious if anyone knows any more detail?

Thanks so much great work

Rich Sennett

9 hours ago, Uwajimaya said:

Fantastic - thank you again for the great work sir!