Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

Joining a Multiplayer session.

Hi Folks.

Could someone give me a quick run down on joining a multiplayer session. I have watched a few videos and decided to try at EGKA. I joined at a parking spot and sure enough saw lots of 'Name Tabs' but no visual aircraft. I started the Cessna 152 and tuned the Comms but no ATC 'Chatter'. I must be missing a step or two along the way.

Do I have to be invited by someone to join? Also, at present I have no Flight Sim 'Friends'. I know, I know, what a saddo LOL. How do I become friends with people so that I can arrange a flight with them.

Also, as an aside, I can't get the 152 to start from the key. I always have to do Ctrl E to start it. I'm sure that I have it set to start but it just cranks without firing up. I have parking brake set, battery and alternator ON. Avionics OFF, Fuel Valve OPEN and then turn the key whilst advancing the Mixture but no startup. Any hints and tips for starting the 152? Oh, I've also tried using the Primer for three shots.

Regards...Ken.

You'll see name tags even from fellow fliers that are a large distance away, in your case it was probably looking over towards London as there aren't many flying around Brighton right now. I also don't believe you currently hear their related ATC, only that from the sparse number of live traffic planes that are operating.

Load up somewhere a bit closer to London itself and see if you can pick out some planes. Alternatively, something like VATSIM would probably be a good thing to look at for flying and interacting with others.

Ah, okay. I did not realise that VATSIM was working with 2020 right now. I'll log into TS and get the info.

Regards...Ken.

Hello Andreas.

Okay, I'll do that. Thanks for the Heads Up.

Regards...Ken.

• Like 1