Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

A Grumman in Honolulu

This was a reasonably successful port over. Flies ok, take off and land ok, looks and sounds ok, but no instruments. Will be nice for an occasional outing. Just a few over Honolulu -

kh6xZWS.jpg

It is in this picture, but you have to look hard to find it

0TGLS1i.jpg

i8TgbYU.jpg

e0ku17u.jpg

It'll be nice if some of these old planes get a makeover and a re-release for this sim. Alway's liked this one.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Hi Andy,

The Grumman F3F2 comes with instruments. Maybe you try again, there is a newer, better way to port over planes. Here is the link. Just go for the latest build, build 1.22. Otherwise it’s very similar to the old version.  

http://eech.online/msfslegacyimporte 

Here is a video (again no voice), that explains, what you have to do: 

And here is a look at the Grumman cockpit, as  I have i, using this latest port-over method:

Grumman-F3-F2-4.jpg

Btw, if you have the Grumman, you might also have the Bristol Bulldog (I got the Grumman for free, when I bought the Bulldog)

Bristol-Bulldog-1.jpg 

Bristol-Bulldog-6.jpg

If you are interested in WWII planes, Milviz has the Ju 87 Stuka on its website for free. She also ports nicely into MSFS:

Ju-87-3.jpg 

Ju-87-4.jpg

Another plane I like is the freeware Fokker D21:

Fokker-D-21-1b.jpg 

Fokker-D-21-5.jpg

Btw, I found with all these planes that I sit too close to the panel. So I went into the camera.cfg, looked for View Point and decreased the first value by some 10 percent. Bingo !!

Have fun and let me know, how you did

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks Bernd!

8 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

there is a newer, better way to port over planes.

I'll get myself a copy of that and have a play. And the camera.cfg tip is good - I'd forgotten all about messing around in there and yes, I feel like I'm sitting on another pilot's knees most of the time in these portovers!

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.