Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Things to come?

Tried out a few more port overs. In most cases, even when it works it doesn't really result in anything that matches the sim, Standards of lighting, reflection etc don't match up. I've had a couple of planes though that I will use regularly and hope to be able to replace with modern versions eventually.

This was a failure, which is a real shame as I've got a few nice boats of one sort or another and I like the water environment in MSFS (lack of wake and other reaction will get fixed at some point, I hope). Paint didn't come across, and no motion possible.

7nCREMX.jpg

This flies, but needs to be slewed into the air and the finish is a bit off. No instruments (this seems to be the norm for these ports, reasonably enough)

rYbMonm.jpg

This looked promising at first, but no real control. Flies weird, needs to be slewed into the air.

05jJTpn.jpg

This works. Looks a bit dated in terms of finish now, but a grand old beast and might see some action

bt1MGuo.jpg

I switched to this in miod-flight and it just fell out of the sky. No response at all to controls

zAafK5O.jpg

I really wanted this to work (It's a C5 Galaxy, which may not be obvious from this shot), and it almost did. Powered up on the runway and took off ok, but when the undercarriage went up the nose wheels stayed down! Weird.

gUqaoxI.jpg

This worked though. I think it even had some working dials in the cockpit. Again, the finish is very much a couple of generations old now but it's good to see it in these skies.

9UTuR9d.jpg

I'll probably keep trying some of my faves from FSX/P3D. Got lots of interesting planes in the hangar, many others have been tried and failed to even load or appear in the selection list. I have two approaches to simming. One is the low and slow in a cub or similar (probably actually just the drone cam now) to allow me to investigate the world out there, and the other is to see all the sorts of planes that fascinated me as a kid in the days of the old plastic models. So I have a huge hangar full of oddities and 40s, 50s, 60s models, lots of which don't  even play nice in the later releases of P3D. I would love to fly ove some of the MSFS world in my B58 for example, or maybe the B36. Or maybe the XB70. Hmm, then there's the flying saucer . .

I dare say some of this will happen in time though.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Hi Andy, to the last of your pics, if this is the Flight Replica DC 4 version, most of the instruments should work. Also the Carvair (strange plane though) works nicely 😉

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Hi Andy, to the last of your pics, if this is the Flight Replica DC 4 version, most of the instruments should work. Also the Carvair (strange plane though) works nicely 😉

Hi Bernd, did you use the new converter you just pointed me too for this or the original one?

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

7 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Bernd, did you use the new converter you just pointed me too for this or the original one?

I used the new one

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080