Sign in to follow this  
freewayne

Where Are My Aircraft (WAMA) for MSFS2020

I really like the functionality of WAMA and tried it with MSFS 2020 in the hope it would work, but no as expected it says it can't connect to the simulator.

So now I'm wondering are there plans for LORBY to make a WAMA version that works with MSFS 2020?

2 hours ago, freewayne said:

So now I'm wondering are there plans for LORBY to make a WAMA version that works with MSFS 2020?

Yes, there are. But at the moment it is not possible, MSFS doesn't have the necessary SimConnect functionality yet. Asobo is working on it though, and once the SDK is complete, I will look into getting WAMA up and running too. But it will most likely not have all the functionality, I have little hope that the MSFS API will have the exact same specs that the FSX one had.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

*snip*

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Just to let you know that I've had treasonable success with the new WAMA in MSFS2020 I can leave aircraft doted around the world and I can jump to them without issue.
As I said in the PM I'm using the A5 to move around until a suitable avatar becomes available.
There will be others out there that use some of the other features who are therefore best placed to comment on them, but so far no issues for me here.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Spending the night in the wild...

50908873166_7d96c54d9a_n.jpg

50908179493_6e12f2bcd9_n.jpg

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

I just sent you PM to join testing (hopefully) for WAMA for MSFS

As you probably already know, there's huge demand for MSFS AI traffic and static planes. MSFS airports are basically empty of any kind of planes (with the pandemic I guess it's as real as it gets).  The demand is like water in a dam just waiting to burst open... and people are getting impatient.   

WAMA on MSFS would be WOW?!!! 

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

A thought just occurred to me... I'm wondering if WAMA has to work in XBox also. If that's required to get WAMA into Microsoft Marketplace does that mean there will be a lot more lines of code too?  Version control and testing would make my head spin. 🤪

Edited by bofhlusr

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

6 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

wondering if WAMA has to work in XBox also.

Only a dumbed down version as a WASM module. TMBK you cannot install external programs on the XBox, which is why there are none in the Marketplace.

I made such a WASM module for a friend who is a scenery designer, that can handle static and moving objects. I haven't yet decided if I should slap together an in-sim  editor and release it to the public. (Kind of like SODE if you are familiar with the legacy sims.)

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

I have GSX which I haven't used since MSFS came out. In fact, I hardly touched P3D and the many options I have for the platform since I bought into MSFS.

As far as deciding, I would think anything that would fill a development need or a fix in MSFS would be much welcomed by the flight simming community. Just put out the necessary disclaimers? I don't think it has to be perfect. It just has to be functionally useful.

• Upvote 1

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Does anyone have an idea why these static planes  in MSFS float a few feet or about a meter off the ground?

These planes are from, as far as I know, the only paid and freeware programs available in MSFS that populate the 'empty' airports in MSFS.

It is bugs like this that make me wish WAMA or something similar is available for MSFS.

spacer.png

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

The concept of WAMA is something I've looked for for some time and is great. Hope the work on the FS2020 version will continue. 

I really like this app. Pulling up into a parking space next to an aircraft you parked there earlier is something that sounds quite mundane but makes things so much more 'real'.

Any further updates on the FS2020 version?

The MSFS Version of WAMA has been released to the shops weeks ago. Probably should have made a more prominent announcement. But since not everything that the app can do can actually work in MSFS I've kept it low key.

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Getting a repeating open window error when opening with SU10 beta, relating to Time machine?