Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_

Is there a solution for the 1722 installation error?

No I don't have it, but many people do.I was wondering if maybe under documents somewhere the 'temp' directory needs to get cleaned out. Maybe doing this would help.

Guest SilentGlider

Those of us that have the problem have tried just about everything, including deleting all temp files, running registry cleaners, etc. without success. The problem appears to be related to the copy protection scheme and since it probably involves encrypted and/or hidden files, I think this is one that MS will need to come up with a solution for. At the request of one of the Microsoft Flight Simulator Team members, I reproduced the problem and provided specific log files that they were interested in. I'm not a programmer and don't pretend to understand the content of these files but the problem seems to be related to a "failed license installation or uninstallation".The last message I received from MS indicated that they would provide an update regarding their investigation by tomorrow morning.

Guest tdragger

1722 is a generic InstallShield error and thus isn't really meaningful. Thus we have had to resort to extraordinary methods like large log files to try to diagnose the problem. Many thanks to those of you working with us on this.

Guest ben_

my failure to install problemshd problem - added new 160mb sata hd as e: windows on e: for large page file install needed new dircctory in 'install options' - after 30 mins of esternal dvd to internal hd attempt lights flashing on both drives - no indication of 'progress' on install dialog checking e:....X fs sub folders created no fs exe )or anything else in root folder - some scenery files have been createdA messy hd situation, but thats how they fixed it.Any help appreeciated.ben

Guest SilentGlider

With the help of one of the Flight Simulator Team members, I was finally able to get past the error 1722 problem at the end of installation and have been enjoying FSX for the past few days. The problem was fixed by using a special tool provide to me by MS and I don't think there's any other simple solution at present. I was asked not to share or post the program that they provided (I assume it has something to do with the copy protection scheme) and I'm going to comply with that request since the person I was working with was so helpful. Anyone who is still having the error 1722 during reinstallation should send an email to dtemp@microsoft.com and he'll try to help you individually until a solution for general use is available.