Sign in to follow this  
Nasser Fahel

Very bad experience..

Hello, to start this off I really appreciate all the efforts put in UGCX and the development team but I'm having the worst experience I wasn't expecting at all. UGCX doesn't work at many airports I have (some do with exclusions), PMDG aircrafts have a very jerky movement during pushback due to the freeze method implemented I can't even start my engines during pushback, and FSLabs A320's nose gear doesn't even move. Along with many issues like the marshallers kicking dust while walking and voice recognition doesn't work too well. I've followed all the tips in user's manual but no joy. Would a refund be an option? Product is not at my expectations and I'd rather go with GSX since it's pretty well optimized with additional features. Again no disrespect, but I'm really unhappy.

Many thanks.

21 hours ago, Nasser Fahel said:

Hello, to start this off I really appreciate all the efforts put in UGCX and the development team but I'm having the worst experience I wasn't expecting at all. UGCX doesn't work at many airports I have (some do with exclusions), PMDG aircrafts have a very jerky movement during pushback due to the freeze method implemented I can't even start my engines during pushback, and FSLabs A320's nose gear doesn't even move. Along with many issues like the marshallers kicking dust while walking and voice recognition doesn't work too well. I've followed all the tips in user's manual but no joy. Would a refund be an option? Product is not at my expectations and I'd rather go with GSX since it's pretty well optimized with additional features. Again no disrespect, but I'm really unhappy.

Many thanks.

Hi Nasser

The problems you talk about are not due to UGCX but the Aircraft model themselves,  most add on Aircraft work fine but the FSLAB A320 and Majestic Dash 8 are modelled slightly different so you wont see the nose gear moving sadly ...similar thing with the PMDGs the only way to move them is via the freeze method so there will be a few issues....I use the NGXu and it dosnt worry me really. ...regarding the marshallers kicking up dust this can be due to the way the airport AFCAD sets the ground,  if it's not set to concrete or asphalt etc then you may see dust being kicked up just like you would if you for example  run off the runway onto the grass as no ground has been set .

Thanks 

Rich 

Edited by keenrw

ugcx_banner.png

That's correct on the nosewheel... some of this stuff is out of our hands and is in the hands of the aircraft developer.  A lot of them do a lot of custom, non-standard stuff with their models, especially the Labs guys.

The kicking up dust issue is due to the way the airport scenery developer designed their scenery.

We're aware of some issues regarding the PMDG's.

We've been trying to get the UGCX update out, but got side tracked by FS2020.

The next UGCX update will be out soon hopefully.

It's been a crazy time here with FS2020 hitting us so soon... we really didn't expect it out till late December 😉

• Like 1

Neither did MS from what I've read 😁

ngxu_banner.png

Shows my level of knowledge of it at present (and interest)!

ngxu_banner.png

On 9/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, keenrw said:

Hi Nasser

The problems you talk about are not due to UGCX but the Aircraft model themselves,  most add on Aircraft work fine but the FSLAB A320 and Majestic Dash 8 are modelled slightly different so you wont see the nose gear moving sadly ...similar thing with the PMDGs the only way to move them is via the freeze method so there will be a few issues....I use the NGXu and it dosnt worry me really. ...regarding the marshallers kicking up dust this can be due to the way the airport AFCAD sets the ground,  if it's not set to concrete or asphalt etc then you may see dust being kicked up just like you would if you for example  run off the runway onto the grass as no ground has been set .

Thanks 

Rich 

Hey Rich,

I don't think those problems are related to the aircraft models since GSX doesn't have any of those issues, it's more like UGCX doesn't work well with the models. I've had the dust kicking issue in all the very few airports that UGCX works with too.

Regards

On 9/15/2020 at 5:00 PM, byork said:

That's correct on the nosewheel... some of this stuff is out of our hands and is in the hands of the aircraft developer.  A lot of them do a lot of custom, non-standard stuff with their models, especially the Labs guys.

The kicking up dust issue is due to the way the airport scenery developer designed their scenery.

We're aware of some issues regarding the PMDG's.

We've been trying to get the UGCX update out, but got side tracked by FS2020.

The next UGCX update will be out soon hopefully.

It's been a crazy time here with FS2020 hitting us so soon... we really didn't expect it out till late December 😉

Hello there!

I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into the product but sadly it's giving me no joy at all. Flew today from EHAM to LOWI and had the "UGCX couldn't find any airport near you" the whole flight. I've noticed many freezes and fps drops with the message popping up and even in the very few airports where UGCX works I get a huge fps drop during pushback until the tug disconnects and the marshallers disappear. Also, I was surprised that features such as baggage tugs, stairs, catering trucks, and customized tugs depending on the airport is not implemented at all. No disrespect but simply I think the product is not worth the 20 euros I've paid.. I would've added a very small amount and went with the other software that offers plenty more features and work at all airports with no hassle of exclusions everytime. Please let me know if there's any chance of a refund as this would be the best solution to me.

Best regards 

Hey Nasser,

20 hours ago, Nasser Fahel said:

appreciate all the hard work you guys put into the product but sadly it's giving me no joy at all

We understand, as Bryan said, we have an update to fix most of the common issues with the product, but due to FS2020 we had to place them in a hold, we will continue working on it, shortly.

Flew today from EHAM to LOWI and had the "UGCX couldn't find any airport near you" the whole flight.

When you say this message appears, this appears only on ground, not in flight (airborne) isn't it?

I've noticed many freezes and fps drops with the message popping up and even in the very few airports where UGCX works I get a huge fps drop during pushback until the tug disconnects and the marshallers disappear

So the drops in FPS is related to the "UGCX couldn't find any airport near you" message appearing constantly? (on airports not working with UGCX.

On airports with UGCX working, may depend on the capacity the machine has, and also, the 3rd party scenery, and 3rd party aircraft being used. We don't know the capacity of your machine. Can you specify the amount of fps loss?

I was surprised that features such as baggage tugs, stairs, catering trucks, and customized tugs depending on the airport is not implemented at all

No, the product's description doesn't specify those services.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

Hey Nasser,

We understand, as Bryan said, we have an update to fix most of the common issues with the product, but due to FS2020 we had to place them in a hold, we will continue working on it, shortly.

When you say this message appears, this appears only on ground, not in flight (airborne) isn't it?

So the drops in FPS is related to the "UGCX couldn't find any airport near you" message appearing constantly? (on airports not working with UGCX.

On airports with UGCX working, may depend on the capacity the machine has, and also, the 3rd party scenery, and 3rd party aircraft being used. We don't know the capacity of your machine. Can you specify the amount of fps loss?

No, the product's description doesn't specify those services.

Cheers,

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

The message appeared throughout the whole flight, from the minute I spawned till I landed and closed my sim. During approach at LOWI, my sim stopped responding for a minute since the message kept on popping up constantly and I've never had any unresponsiveness at LOWI ever. Secondly, I get 28-30 fps at any airport but once UGCX is activated and the tug is connected, fps goes all the way down to 15-21 fps and plenty of stutters. I understand that the product's specifications doesn't include those services but I think at such price of 40 Euros (20 with the 50% off always on SimMarket), it should include atleast something that would compete with GSX since even the implemented services don't work (tug to gate for example). 

Cheers

I personally have no problems with the PMDG planes, but again pls wait for the next update.  We're trying to get it out asap.

I've never experienced any stuttering or FPS loss.

Tug to Gate always worked for me.

And we have Voice Control and we do a lot of other things GSX doesn't.

A lot of users don't care about little baggage cars.  They'd rather have things like Voice Control and international voice sets and all the other things we do.

But to each their own.  

Some people use GSX and UGCX at the same time.  That's very do-able.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

5 hours ago, Nasser Fahel said:

Hi Manuel,

The message appeared throughout the whole flight, from the minute I spawned till I landed and closed my sim. During approach at LOWI, my sim stopped responding for a minute since the message kept on popping up constantly and I've never had any unresponsiveness at LOWI ever. Secondly, I get 28-30 fps at any airport but once UGCX is activated and the tug is connected, fps goes all the way down to 15-21 fps and plenty of stutters. I understand that the product's specifications doesn't include those services but I think at such price of 40 Euros (20 with the 50% off always on SimMarket), it should include atleast something that would compete with GSX since even the implemented services don't work (tug to gate for example). 

Cheers

Why would you leave it running in flight?  Why leave anything you aren't using running in flight?  It's just an overhead you don't need, same as any app or add-on.

ngxu_banner.png

17 hours ago, ailchim said:

Why would you leave it running in flight?  Why leave anything you aren't using running in flight?  It's just an overhead you don't need, same as any app or add-on.

How will I not leave it running in the flight? UGCX control panel is not accessible unless you are in an airport which is identified in UGCX.

23 hours ago, byork said:

I personally have no problems with the PMDG planes, but again pls wait for the next update.  We're trying to get it out asap.

I've never experienced any stuttering or FPS loss.

Tug to Gate always worked for me.

And we have Voice Control and we do a lot of other things GSX doesn't.

A lot of users don't care about little baggage cars.  They'd rather have things like Voice Control and international voice sets and all the other things we do.

But to each their own.  

Some people use GSX and UGCX at the same time.  That's very do-able.

Cheers,

I'll record you a small video showing the fps loss and stutters I get when UGCX is active, tug to gate never works for me and many people I've seen complaining of the same problem, and what are the other things that GSX doesn't have apart of voice control which gets mixed up all the time when flying on vatsim and other aircrafts are transmitting on the frequency? Even marshallers at the gate on arrival don't guide you properly and always stops the aircraft way too early even SODE can't find the exits to connect the gate. I'm back to using SHIFT+P at most of the airports I use where UGCX doesn't identify it. Isn't that a waste of 20 Euros in your opinion? Imo it is sorry. And one more thing to be fair, what are the fixes coming with the next update and will it fix all the problems?