Sign in to follow this  
Nasser Fahel

Very bad experience..

Hi Brian - great to hear an update for the NGXu is in the works.  I love  the product and the level of realism it brings to the sim, but i have had no joy with the NGXu. I've tried the three methods and the freeze method gives me the best result, but that includes jerking and twitching through the entire pushback.  With GSX my pushbacks are smooth, but i prefer UGCX because of the speech implementation.  Two airports where UGCX  just won't work at all are FlyTampa KLAS (i get pushed a few feet to the side then just sit there with he nose swinging left to right.)  I think this is an AFCAD issue, because when i pull up the airport viewer the aircraft which is at the gate in the sim, is shown far away from the gate in airport viewer.  ImagineSin KATL, when I give my spiel about being ready for pushback the whole PC screen turns red and a loud noise starts playing and then the sim freezes.  Eagerly awaiting the update for the NGXu.

Richard

7 hours ago, Slick9 said:

Hi Brian - great to hear an update for the NGXu is in the works.  I love  the product and the level of realism it brings to the sim, but i have had no joy with the NGXu. I've tried the three methods and the freeze method gives me the best result, but that includes jerking and twitching through the entire pushback.  With GSX my pushbacks are smooth, but i prefer UGCX because of the speech implementation.  Two airports where UGCX  just won't work at all are FlyTampa KLAS (i get pushed a few feet to the side then just sit there with he nose swinging left to right.)  I think this is an AFCAD issue, because when i pull up the airport viewer the aircraft which is at the gate in the sim, is shown far away from the gate in airport viewer.  ImagineSin KATL, when I give my spiel about being ready for pushback the whole PC screen turns red and a loud noise starts playing and then the sim freezes.  Eagerly awaiting the update for the NGXu.

Richard

Hi Richard,

It's probably the AFCAD... when you preview the route on the map, what do you see?

HI Bryan,

For the ImagineSim KATL - the AFCAD looked ok.  The aircraft was at the gate in position on the airport preview chart like it should have been.  The only anomaly before trying the pushback was when I added a waypoint (or pushback node) instead of the usual yellow color it was kind of a grey color.  I tried a few other gates and same thing, entire screen goes red and a loud screeching sound starts and the sim is frozen.

Richard

2 hours ago, Slick9 said:

For the ImagineSim KATL - the AFCAD looked ok.  The aircraft was at the gate in position on the airport preview chart like it should have been.  The only anomaly before trying the pushback was when I added a waypoint (or pushback node) instead of the usual yellow color it was kind of a grey color.  I tried a few other gates and same thing, entire screen goes red and a loud screeching sound starts and the sim is frozen.

Hey Richard, Is it P3D or FSX?

Manuel

spacer.png

Hey Slick,

The stuttering on NGUx, is an issue that is going to be addressed on the next update.

About the map view,s freezing the sim. This behavior has been spotted in the past, but seems to only affect P3D. When that happens, the top-down view, seems to be far away from your actual position, to come back again to the position, you just need to go into the airport chart viewer's window, and click on any parking spot and then back to the spot where you are located, and it will return the simulation's top-down view to your correct location. Another solution is to right click on the simulation's top-down view and select the "Reset simulation's map view position" sub-menu option, and it should also come back to your aircraft's location, the problem seems to be that P3D is saving an old but weird position of the observer camera, and when it's called again by UGCX it goes to that location, this is strange.

Manuel

spacer.png

Ok - Thnx for the heads up Manuel - i will give that a shot and see.  I watched a video with a Norwegian 737-800 landing at JFK, they had to be pulled into the gate because it was a tight spot, the FS2Crew ground to flightdeck comms are spot on - you guys nailed it!!