Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Night Rider

Hehe...I know you older guys were coming in this post looking for KIT. 🙂   Or David maybe? LOL

Riding in the back of an empty Caravan (except the crew up front of course)...heading to Key West at night.

I had to over-expose the pic so you guys could even see it here....but in the sim...it's dark and perfectly illuminated....taking my breath away!

zFy4Cb.jpg

Here is a shot of up front, descending into Key West on the RNAV09.  Finally getting more familiar with the G1000 and MSFS's idiosyncrasies, and can manage an approach without the terror I've experienced in the past, LOL.

Again..the screenshot does no justice to the atmospheric feeling of night flying in MSFS.   Like how the ground lighting gradually came on as it got darker...priceless!

R4N8dv.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 hours ago, John F said:

Very unique first shot. I love your enthusiasm for the new sim.

John

Thanks John.

I can't help but be enthusiastic about this sim,  I see so many "ahhhhhhhh" moments that I just can't believe how much better the visuals are than anything we've ever seen before....hands down.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hmm..."Who you are calling "older"..."...??...🙂...

Yes, that Trans Am....was something...🙂....was "high-tech" for its time, and, maybe, ahead of even James Bond..., when I saw Pierce Brosnan controlling his BMW 750 remotely, in “Tomorrow Never Dies", the first thing that had come to my mind was KITT....fun and nostalgic TV shows of the day....!

Anyway, seriously, the shot, here, brings out the ambience (and beauty) of the moment very well...(and the best thing is you are not flying)...!!

• Like 1

Sweet perspective in the first shot.  I have not taken to time to get into the quirks of the new platform as I do most of my flying the old fashioned way:  hand flying to NDBs and VORs 😄

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

7 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Hmm..."Who you are calling "older"..."...??...🙂...

Yes, that Trans Am....was something...🙂....was "high-tech" for its time, and, maybe, ahead of even James Bond..., when I saw Pierce Brosnan controlling his BMW 750 remotely, in “Tomorrow Never Dies", the first thing that had come to my mind was KITT....fun and nostalgic TV shows of the day....!

Anyway, seriously, the shot, here, brings out the ambience (and beauty) of the moment very well...(and the best thing is you are not flying)...!!

I also like what a smart-alec the car was.  Had a serious inferiority complex! 🙂

Yeah I was kickin back for a bit in flight....booted that other guy outta of the pilot's seat when it came time to land though 🙂

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 9/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, crosswind said:

Sweet perspective in the first shot.  I have not taken to time to get into the quirks of the new platform as I do most of my flying the old fashioned way:  hand flying to NDBs and VORs 😄

Yeah when you play around with the drone camera and get the settings just right...you can use it anywhere, including in side the cabin which most people may not think of using it for "Cabin" views....since on most default aircraft you can't use the view commands in the cockpit view to get back to the cabin.

I just take the drone speed to 2%, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS set the zoom past the goofy 50% that gives you fish-eye lens effect in close.  79% is just about perfect I found (You'd think 100%...that introduces some other odd scaling).

Let's you get really close in for some amazing detail shots.  Not sure how they can make a model this detailed and still maintain great frames....this level in P3d....screenshow.

xKt0wD.jpg

Just amazes me.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 9/15/2020 at 12:28 AM, Steve Dra said:

Hehe...I know you older guys were coming in this post looking for KIT. 🙂   Or David maybe? LOL..

No mate. Now Bonnie (KITT's mechtech) ohhh my! She was this nerd's dream girl.. Bonnie would fix up my car whilst Daisy Duke would come get me in the General... :blush: April seemed a bit too ditzy... :tongue:

On 9/15/2020 at 6:56 PM, P_7878 said:

Yes, that Trans Am....was something...🙂....

I had one for a while.:cool: Well, a 1982 Third Gen Pontiac T/A which as those of old enough to know (LOL!) was what KITT was based on. Only had a 305ci V8 and not the 350 lump but still... "Morticia" as she was called by our family!  was good fun for rumbling about the highways & byways of the UK.. Gaaah! If only I could have afforded a crate motor and more budget to spend on her at the time... :pedih: I love old American cars... (need a beer to cry into now..!)

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

20 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Yeah when you play around with the drone camera and get the settings just right...you can use it anywhere, including in side the cabin which most people may not think of using it for "Cabin" views....since on most default aircraft you can't use the view commands in the cockpit view to get back to the cabin.

I just take the drone speed to 2%, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS set the zoom past the goofy 50% that gives you fish-eye lens effect in close.  79% is just about perfect I found (You'd think 100%...that introduces some other odd scaling).

Let's you get really close in for some amazing detail shots.  Not sure how they can make a model this detailed and still maintain great frames....this level in P3d....screenshow.

xKt0wD.jpg

Just amazes me.

Thanks for this insight. Must definitely play around with the drone camera for my next video. I am assuming that I will be able to program the view with a keyboard command or free button on my joystick?

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

7 minutes ago, Doering said:

Thanks for this insight. Must definitely play around with the drone camera for my next video. I am assuming that I will be able to program the view with a keyboard command or free button on my joystick?

To be honest...all the talk about using an x-box controller to control the drone...not necessary IMO.

Just use the same keyboard stack you use for most shooter games...literally:

ASDW, R and F

AD, left-right

SD, Fore-Aft

RF, altitude up-down

over on the numeric keypad:

4, 6 - rotate left/right

8,2 - rotate up/down

7, 8 bank angle left, right.

Adjust the drone speed if you're working in close or need to go a long distance.  

And for heaven's sake, change the zoom level from 50% (default) to 79%....as a screenshot "artist"....I go nuts when I see fish-eye shots where a simple slider move will fix it and make the shots look like mine. 🙂

Oh and yes...you can reassign keys, axis, etc to pretty much set it up how you wish.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

No mate. Now Bonnie (KITT's mechtech) ohhh my! She was this nerd's dream girl.. Bonnie would fix up my car whilst Daisy Duke would come get me in the General... :blush: April seemed a bit too ditzy... :tongue:

I had one for a while.:cool: Well, a 1982 Third Gen Pontiac T/A which as those of old enough to know (LOL!) was what KITT was based on. Only had a 305ci V8 and not the 350 lump but still... "Morticia" as she was called by our family!  was good fun for rumbling about the highways & byways of the UK.. Gaaah! If only I could have afforded a crate motor and more budget to spend on her at the time... :pedih: I love old American cars... (need a beer to cry into now..!)

Hehe.....Love me some Daisy Duke!

My dream car when I was in HS was the Bandit...Actually wanted the Burgundy color...not black (never a fan of black cars...way too hot, esp in Florida where I grew up).  I remember a guy up the street got one soon after the movie released...the whole neighborhood gathered to gawk at it!

I'm currently in my newest dream car...and probably the last care I'll ever own (or need to...only 130,000 on her)...did some headlight refurbishing last week....always a treat to see how good it comes out (there were not bad...but you mostly think that until you see the results..the inset pic is how it looked after sanding....if you've never done it before, you kinda' freak out when you see it in this stage, thinking you've just toasted your headlights....just wait till the end, hehe) 🙂

mgOFOZ.jpg

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

LS300 or 430?

I've seen good reviews on the 300 (straight 6 motor) over here in the UK - can be bought quite cheaply these days and a reliable luxury car (Toyota Supra underpinnings..)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 9/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, HighBypass said:

LS300 or 430?

I've seen good reviews on the 300 (straight 6 motor) over here in the UK - can be bought quite cheaply these days and a reliable luxury car (Toyota Supra underpinnings..)

LS430.....by far the best car ever built in my opinion. 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg