Sign in to follow this  
snglecoil

Game Pass Price increase

For those MSFS users on Game Pass...just FYI, looks like it is going up to $10/month

Chris

MS is taking a page out of the cable TV companies' playbook. 🎀Special introductory price and no contract!🎀 Of course, "no contract" actually means, "Haha, we can raise the price as much as we like with only a month's notice". I feel bad for the people that bought MSFS via GamePass, since they now have the choice of either paying more or paying more.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

MS is taking a page out of the cable TV companies' playbook. 🎀Special introductory price and no contract!🎀 Of course, "no contract" actually means, "Haha, we can raise the price as much as we like with only a month's notice". I feel bad for the people that bought MSFS via GamePass, since they now have the choice of either paying more or paying more.

No one "bought" MSFS via game pass.  Game Pass gives you access to the game.  It's like Netflix for games.  If you wish to cancel game pass, you can still purchase the game from the Microsoft store.  Using the introductory pricing it allowed you to "try before you buy" for a very reasonable amount.

If you got game pass just for MSFS, then you are foolish.  But if bought game pass for access to the other games available, then it is still one of the better deals out there.  Especially if you have an xbox, and you get game pass ultimate which includes both Xbox and PC games for $15.00 a month.  

• Like 9

I used Game Pass, played it, liked it, and brought the prem deluxe because of it. A well spent $1 in my case to take it out for a test drive to make sure I liked the sim. If I hadn't at best I would have got the standard version only. (I'm cheap and normally only get things on sale) 

Game pass was cancelled the day i brought it. 

I wouldn't have bothered at $10/month as I don't have a lot of need for other games it has but I'm really thankful they held off for the month to give me the opportunity.

Happy flying

• Like 5

Brendon Isaac

To be fair they also added the entire Electronics Arts catalog so many will jump on that offer. FIFA, NBA and NFL are still top-sellers every year.

• Like 5

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I feel bad for the people that bought MSFS via GamePass, since they now have the choice of either paying more or paying more.

Wrong. I subscribed for a dollar, tried out MSFS 2020, liked it. Will be buying the Premium Deluxe version once I upgrade my hardware. It's an outstanding deal.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 5

think of it as an investment...

img_1363.jpg?w=640

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Wrong. I subscribed for a dollar, tried out MSFS 2020, liked it. Will be buying the Premium Deluxe version once I upgrade my hardware. It's an outstanding deal.

Same here.  I got it to try out MSFS -- if it had been a complete fiasco, or had not been able to run well on my five-year-old system, I would only have been out $1.09 including tax.  As it is, I was planning on getting the Premium Deluxe version anyway; the only difference this makes is that I'll be doing it before next month, instead of just waiting and using Game Pass a little bit longer.

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Yes but it is Game pass subscription that oil`s the wheels of the gaming catalogue and provides MS with the funds to keep the developers in the game, again Phil Spencer has made no secret of the fact that this the future of sustainability.  

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

It was always meant to be priced at $10/month when out of Beta phase, they didn't decide to increase the price just now (which would still be justified considering they're adding EA Play to the mix). If you're looking to try out the simulator and a few other games the service offers, it's still a great value.

• Like 1

I'ts a good deal if you like to play many games.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I like to look at games and have a quick go...so I know what they are.  I mainly spend my time on flight sims and a sailing sim and a little on Forza 3 all of which I own.  At the original price it was ok for that but the new price may make me reconsider this at least for a while as I have lots to keep me busy for the next few months anyway.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

6 hours ago, Fielder said:

think of it as an investment...

img_1363.jpg?w=640

Funny how this basically became true. The comic writer was just off by about 5 years.

3 hours ago, harrry said:

I like to look at games and have a quick go...so I know what they are.  I mainly spend my time on flight sims and a sailing sim and a little on Forza 3 all of which I own.  At the original price it was ok for that but the new price may make me reconsider this at least for a while as I have lots to keep me busy for the next few months anyway.

Side question - what are your sailing sim recommendations?

Thanks!

&

• Like 1

ugcx_banner.png

On Steam     eSail Sailing simulator  very low cost round $10 and quite good physics.  It is really a labour of love not profit.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow