Sign in to follow this  
Guest tango_d

New Nvidia drivers

Guest RGH

Hi allAbout 3hours ago I removed and cleaned nvidia 91-47 drivers and installed 93-71that have had FSX added to their profile list,Re install went well with no problems,3D mark 05 check about right,Call of duty,FarCry,Doom3,Battle field 2 all ran as normal,But FSX started to play up,In the end I rolled back to 91-47 but the damage was done,Why I dont know I may have been the few tweeks I added But I had to remove the sim and reinstall,To put it right,No more tweaks for the time been,I hope the new drivers work for the rest of you.Good night all,Rex

Guest anderlaind

I installed and...Horrible!That's Nvidia Bug not Nvidia driver!How a company such Nvidia can publish that thing?Did they test it for a minute?...So my default memory speed for this driver is 2,5 Ghz!..:-lol

Guest RGH

Hi Good morningAs I said I was not sure if it was me trying out the fixes or the new driver not doing what it should.Thank you for the replyRegardsRex.

Wow, I am glad I didn't install the new drivers last night when I downloaded them. I just don't know what to do now. I use 92.91 and they are 99% ok. I guess I will just wait and see what the nVidia community reports.

I dont understand i had no problems with the driver .And reinstall the sim ?? for a driver change ?? But i find it very hard to find a Nvidia driver that can handle the AA settings .BestLennart

Guest wyoming

Is there a clear method as far as setting preferences within FSX or from within Nvidia as far as AA and anisotropy? Do you let the app control or do you change settings from Nvidia? And if you do, what settings in FSX?

arent these all beta drivers? as far as i know 91.47 is the latest official release. install beta drivers and you deserve what you get.

Guest bugout

93.71 is an official release that came out yesterday the 2nd..

>Is there a clear method as far as setting preferences within>FSX or from within Nvidia as far as AA and anisotropy? Do you>let the app control or do you change settings from Nvidia? And>if you do, what settings in FSX?It depends on the profile they have created in the new drivers. You must select what settings you want in the "manage 3d settings". They can either be global settings or profile oriented. I currently am using Xtreme Systems 92.91 drivers and have had no problems. Depending on you graphics card I would suggest keeping you profiles to application controlled. To the OP, did you use driver cleaner pro after the un-install of the 91.47 drivers. If you didn't, from now on make sure you run DC Pro in safe mode to clear off all nvida's crap before you install the new set of drivers.ScottMy Rig:AMD x2 4800AsRock 939 Dual Sata 22 Gig OCZ Platnium Evga 7950 GX2Pc P&C 510 SliCreative X-Fi Plat.

Guest RGH

Hi there.Thank you for your Nice friendly comment.By the way the latest official nvidia driver is 93-71 so as far as you know is not a lot.Regard Rex.

Guest RGH

Hi Did you read my post,I seems true what members are saying,There are now some very sarcastic people now with AVSIM,that is a shame,When I first became a member it was not so.But the saying Sarcasm is the lowest for of wit is quite true,All the best.Rex.

Guest RGH

Hi Scott.Hi still use Nvidia Driver Cleaner 3 but I have DC pro on stand by.Yes when I fly the sim I dont use FS9 0r FSX profiles I get better results as you say in Globel settings Sli is set to 16X AA and AF to 16X.AA in the sim is not checked.The problem I had was probibley istigated by me changeing file to try to achive the impossible,By the way 2 GeForce 7900gtx.All the best Scott.Rex

>Hi there.>Thank you for your Nice friendly comment.By the way the latest>official nvidia driver is 93-71 so as far as you know is not a>lot.>Regard >Rex.hater :)

Hi i found that there is a huge differance in fps . On my system !!! if a uncheck AA in FSX and set it in the "new" nvidia control panel. AA Nvidia and FS there is magic in that combination !!

Guest wyoming

that as far as perf. application controlled is better? Doesn't that run the risk of under-utilizing the GPU?