Sign in to follow this  
norman_99

Carenado’s plans for MSFS?

Does anyone know what Carenado’s long terms plans for MSFS is regarding their back catalogue of aircraft?

Do we expect most aircraft to be upgraded, or just a select few? I’m more interested in aircraft King Air size and smaller, so not their larger jets and regional aircraft.

Also, how about Alabeo aircraft? They have been quiet for a while. Would Carenado take over any upgrades if they choose not too?

Carenado haven't been called the aircraft sausage machine of FS for no reason, so I'd expect most of the fleet to make the jump. As for with how much functionality, well, it's anybody's guess. They make shitloads of cash for an FS dev with their very intentional product concept, so it's unlikely to change.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, norman_99 said:

Also, how about Alabeo aircraft? They have been quiet for a while. Would Carenado take over any upgrades if they choose not too?

Carenado and Alabeo are the same company.. just different branding.

Bert

Hope they convert everything soon. I miss the Beech 18 and C421

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

As far as I am aware, Alabeo is (or was initially) kind of the Squier to Carenado's Fender. And if that's true then I would expect Alabeo at least in terms of branding, to play well with the simple stuff a lot of new MSFS users will probably go for.

However, a problem is that we've already got quite a lot of default aeroplanes which are of the type the Alabeo brand in particular would carry and what I expect a lot of buyers will be happier to see, is some different stuff, be that classic old bangers or complex modern airliners. How excited can we get about yet another STOL bush plane or GA trainer?

If I was in any position to influence the way things were going at Carenado HQ, I'd be telling them to get that Beech D-18S ported over as a priority and then maybe the ATRs and other regional airliners. 

Right now is kind of the golden hour for Carenado, where it's perhaps not so important to go for super-complexity as much as it is to just get something in the marketplace which is reasonably decent, for those with an itchy trigger finger on their wallet.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I’m more of an Epiphone man myself haha.

I completely agree about now being the golden hour for Carenado, but I kinda feel differently as to how they should take advantage of it the most. If they could port over all their single and twin engine GA aircraft, and most importantly, sell them for $10, I think they could make a killing.

I've been an FSEconomy play for years, and if the growth there in the last month is anything to go by, there is a huge market for a large variety of simple GA aircraft.

20 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Carenado aren’t even Squire let alone Fender! 

Depends which Fender you mean, if you mean pre-CBS, I'd agree, some of the later Fenders aren't that brilliant however.

Fortunately, I've got one of the decent Telecasters, but to get a decent Thinline variant after my original was stolen, I resorted to making my own. Since I wanted it to look like the real thing, but not be able to be passed off as a fake if someone nicked that one, I did this on the headstock when I made the decal for it 🤣

mD8xMVl.jpg

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I’ll take it off your hands of you don’t want it. 
Cheque’s in the mail. Scouts honor!