Sign in to follow this  
severniae

FlyJSim commands

Hi, 

Last night I tried 'set power to the bugs' and 'set EPR to the bugs' but the f/o just says he can't do that.

Am I supposed to do something different? I'm looking at the 727 commands document - should all the commands in there work for the 727?

I haven't tried in the 733 those commands yet, should they work on that too?

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Just another one  - just noticed that 'landing gear off' or various variations doesn't work either - should be part of the F/O flow but he doesn't seem to do it, whether I put it in the script file or verbally command it.

James W

17 hours ago, severniae said:

Hi, 

Last night I tried 'set power to the bugs' and 'set EPR to the bugs' but the f/o just says he can't do that.

Am I supposed to do something different? I'm looking at the 727 commands document - should all the commands in there work for the 727?

I haven't tried in the 733 those commands yet, should they work on that too?

It is implemented in dll that handles FJS 737 (xmxfjs732.dll in MCE dlls folder), therefore expected to work.

Having said that, many of the 23 fully supported X-Plane aircraft go through fast and numerous updates and you never know when something has changed in aircraft in most recent version. Interfacing was done with V1 and I believe aircraft is now at V3

Never mind the fact fewer users on old generation 737s, so less chances to have someone report it. Thanks for that

We'll do our best to keep up with it.

13 hours ago, severniae said:

Just another one  - just noticed that 'landing gear off' or various variations doesn't work either - should be part of the F/O flow but he doesn't seem to do it, whether I put it in the script file or verbally command it.

Maybe this dataref is no longer there in latest version: "FJS/732/FltControls/GearHandlePosition"

It will take time to get it done as all eyes and hands are now on MSFS 2020 interfacing.

I promise, it will be looked at before the end of next month, as I don't even have V3 of the plane to test it against right now.

Edited by FS++

Thanks Gerald, you are a star!

I'll look forward to seeing it working. As always MCE and your development and customer service - top notch!

@FS++ Just to note my testing was on the FJS 727 - I haven't tried yet (i will) on the 737 but I suspect it is the same.

best,

James

Edited by severniae

James W

On 9/16/2020 at 11:12 AM, severniae said:

I'll look forward to seeing it working. As always MCE and your development and customer service - top notch!

@FS++ Just to note my testing was on the FJS 727 - I haven't tried yet (i will) on the 737 but I suspect it is the same.

best,

James

You're welcome.

I'm not alone in this. It's a team work.

Each complex aircraft is interfaced separately with a dediacted dll to let MCE FO read and set switches and dials.

The FJS 727 is interfaced via "xmcfjs727.dll". Things will only break when FJS makes changes to that particular aircraft. Sometimes the plane doesn't even get detected because they decided to change aircraft details, like Author name.

Just need to be made aware when something breaks as it's not possible to monitor all supported planes for each respective update. We have another 46 to monitor under FSX/Prepar3D.

The 732 is handled via "xmcfjs732.dll" and you aren't using that right now, therefore forget the dataref I referred to earlier.

Looking at 727 specific code, it appears "Gear off" and set engine to epr" were overlooked and not implemented for this plane yet.

Those were the days when pilots had to earn their wages 🙂

In those days, a passenger visiting the cockpit in IMC or dark conditions would have no clue as to where the aircraft is. These days, the ND displays plane on a map. Anyone can get it.

<media> 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:12 AM, severniae said:

best,

James

Which FJS 727 version are you on?

On 9/15/2020 at 9:53 PM, severniae said:

Sorry for the wait.

"Gear off" and "epr to bugs" now implemented for that specific aircraft in latest version