Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Inflight ep. 25: Jorg and Seb from Asobo

Glad to hear that developers keep open mind and listen  and try to accommodate everyone!

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Glad to hear that developers keep open mind and listen  and try to accommodate everyone!

I think until end of year we should have a rough idea of how the further development of MSFS is going. If they keep their promises.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

It's great to hear how enthusiastic they are. I think we're lucky to have Asobo on this.

• Like 11

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

1 minute ago, MaVe64 said:

It's great to hear how enthusiastic they are. I think we're lucky to have Asobo on this.

+ 1 agree.. 

• Like 4

Image removed as image is no longer available.

This was great interview. Very transparent and open comments from them. Nice.

• Like 3

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Great interview. I particularly like what they said about the world updates (from 1:04:14).

We [MSFS and the Bing Maps team] are currently in touch with almost every government, because the governments oftentimes have great data for their countries. We’re trying to get better DEM, obviously we’ll get better aerials because we have contracts with satellite providers and aerial providers. We send each other pictures like “here’s the current sim we just shipped, and here’s what we can update whenever we’re ready to do that particular world update and holy s***, in some cases it’s a generation ahead. It really is that amazing. Oftentimes our hight field is 5m or 10 m resolution. There’s some data coming in right now it’s 25 centimetres. It is crazy, it looks crazy. The nice thing is we’re gonna be able to give this away for free, the world updates are free.

Great to hear that they’re reaching out to governments as many provide excellent mesh and imagery for free.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 15

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Their genuine enthusiasm is fantastic. And can't wait until they build AI caribou migration into the sim...😆

Edited by DylanM
  • Like 4

I wish someone would ask them whether they are going to fix the RNAV approach logic in the G1000.

Specifically, the RNAV glidepath right now does not extend vertically beyond the designated intercept point... which is incorrect and makes it impossible to intercept the glidepath "from below" as all pilots are taught..

They said it is not their goal to make airplanes 100% accurate, so as to leave some room for the 3rd parties, however, the Garmin simulation has some real bugs in it... and it sure would be nice to hear someone say:  "Yes, that is part of the core sim, and it will be fixed!"  🙂

Or.. we need to report these bugs to the third parties that are using the Asobo G1000, like Carenado and ask them to fix them.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

42 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I wish someone would ask them whether they are going to fix the RNAV approach logic in the G1000.

Specifically, the RNAV glidepath right now does not extend vertically beyond the designated intercept point... which is incorrect and makes it impossible to intercept the glidepath "from below" as all pilots are taught..

They said it is not their goal to make airplanes 100% accurate, so as to leave some room for the 3rd parties, however, the Garmin simulation has some real bugs in it... and it sure would be nice to hear someone say:  "Yes, that is part of the core sim, and it will be fixed!"  🙂

Or.. we need to report these bugs to the third parties that are using the Asobo G1000, like Carenado and ask them to fix them.

I thought the patch had Garmin bugs listed prominently no?

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

14 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

I thought the patch had Garmin bugs listed prominently no?

I hope so... 🙂

Bert

This was one of the best interviews I have heard so far, especially around the 50 minute mark discussing third party tools and how the old way of developing aircraft or scenery was not the best or most efficient way but necessitated because of how the older sims were written and functioned.  Exciting times ahead!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Great interview. I particularly like what they said about the world updates (from 1:04:14).

We [MSFS and the Bing Maps team] are currently in touch with almost every government, because the governments oftentimes have great data for their countries. We’re trying to get better DEM, obviously we’ll get better aerials because we have contracts with satellite providers and aerial providers. We send each other pictures like “here’s the current sim we just shipped, and here’s what we can update whenever we’re ready to do that particular world update and holy s***, in some cases it’s a generation ahead. It really is that amazing. Oftentimes our hight field is 5m or 10 m resolution. There’s some data coming in right now it’s 25 centimetres. It is crazy, it looks crazy. The nice thing is we’re gonna be able to give this away for free, the world updates are free.

Great to hear that they’re reaching out to governments as many provide excellent mesh and imagery for free.

The downside to this is that there are quite a few governments out there who will stonewall them. Russia and China for sure. Which will leave large parts of Asia in a lamentable state.

The part he mentions about xCloud confirms my belief that soon it will be available on mobile through gamepass 👍