Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

G1000 Question

Just curious if there is a way to change the Map setting from "North Up" to "Track Up" in the G1000 in MSFS 2020.  I haven't been able to figure it out.  Thanks. Rodger

C130FE,

G1000 question??? only one???? LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I have just this very evening finished implementing track-up maps on both the G1000 PFD and MFD.  This will be going out in the next version of the Working Title G1000.

ezxtvFx.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Fantastic youre a legend! However I cant understand why Asobo wasnt able to implement this basic functionality like you have with alll the time and resources they had. Really appreciate your efforts thanks.

10 hours ago, glennav8r said:

However I cant understand why Asobo wasnt able to implement this basic functionality like you have with alll the time and resources they had.

Eh, it's just the Pareto principal in action.  If you have a limited amount of time -- which was clearly the case, given the state of the SDK docs if nothing else -- you're going to focus on getting the 80% done, not the 20%.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kaosfere said:

I have just this very evening finished implementing track-up maps on both the G1000 PFD and MFD.  This will be going out in the next version of the Working Title G1000.

ezxtvFx.png

You sir, are outstanding!!!!

15 hours ago, kaosfere said:

ezxtvFx.png

Amazing, would it be possible for you to do the same with the G3000? thanks very much

Sergio Naiberg

@kaosfere will your fix still work with the newest 1.8.30 update that has just been released? I want to make sure before it breaks anything or causes any possible conflicts.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 minutes ago, captain420 said:

@kaosfere will your fix still work with the newest 1.8.30 update that has just been released? I want to make sure before it breaks anything or causes any possible conflicts.

We are testing the G1000 and CJ4 mods today and will update accordingly. Quite a lot has changed in the default folders and we've discovered some changes in the manifest will be required where dependencies exist. Doesn't look too bad, but probably need a day or so I'd guess.

• Like 3

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

This is awsome. Please excuse me for being impertinent, but may I ask you to also fix the wind indicator bug in the G1000 MFD? That would be great. This little arrow always points in the opposite direction than it should. E. g. if the wind is blowing from the West it points to the West instead to the East, if the wind is coming from 60 degrees it points to 60 instead to 240.Thanks!

Edited by Wolfko

On 9/16/2020 at 1:16 AM, kaosfere said:

Nice!

But, where does one go to find and download these wonderful masterpieces when they are released?

18 minutes ago, Wolfko said:

This is awsome. Please excuse me for being impertinent, but may I ask you to also fix the wind indicator bug in the G1000 MFD? That would be great. This little arrow always points in the opposite direction than it should. E. g. if the wind is blowing from the West it points to the West instead to the East, if the wind is coming from 60 degrees it points to 60 instead to 240.Thanks!

This has made it on to our list. Actually, the MFD should not have any wind display at all; it should only be available on the PFD and only when the aircraft is airborne. It's on the list 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LarryD said:

Nice!

But, where does one go to find and download these wonderful masterpieces when they are released?

Downloads can be gotten here https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

In the readme that is displayed on that page (you have to scroll down just a bit), you'll see a link to the current version of the package. As more are ready, we'll add them to that table. The link will take you to a downloadable package that can be put into your Community folder. You don't need to click through the code or anything, though that's all available for anyone to look at or work on. You can also access the docs for the mod from that link.

You can also follow progress on the two current projects in these threads - these threads have been around a bit, so recent status and updates are near the end of both...

G1000

and here for the upcoming CJ4 Mod:

• Like 2