Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vilk

Dual core and HT hotfix

Guest chuckburmester
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81429http://support.microsoft.com/?id=896256This may be worth checking out for people with dual core and HT processors. I have a P4 3.0 ghz HT processor and did the microsoft hotfix for intel this morning and it made a large difference on my system. The G-1000 caused to big of frame rate hit for me to enjoy so I did not use it. After applying the hot fix, I am getting frame rates is the upper 20'a with the G-1000 where as before I was getting frame rates in the mid teens and not a very fluid picture. Please read the articles and use caution. I did a backup of my system beforehand just in case. But it did make a large improvement on my system.

Guest charlesk

Question...any fixes for single processor machines with hyperthreading?

Guest wyoming

This is a little scary... I have a P4 3.2 ACPI

Guest chuckburmester

Question...any fixes for single processor machines with hyperthreading? Yes, I have a single processor P4 with Hyperthreading.Machine specs.Dell 8400Intel P4 530 3.0 ghz with HT3 gig ramX1600 pro 512 meg graphicsX-FI sound cardDell 2407 24" moniterScary yes, that is why I did a backup just prior to installing the hotfix just in case.Chuck

Guest victorwest

I see that this fix came out in August. If I have auto updates will I have downloaded it anyway? Also, I presume it's not necessarily going to work for everybody with a dual core processor otherwise we would have heard about it before. I guess it's a case of trying it and see.

Guest Vilk

same here--p4 ht and no visible improvement. i'll post when i find a magic switch somewhere. can you post, too? thanks