Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

MSFS 2020 and multiple controllers

Sooooooo, I just noticed the Microsoft store online had Honeycomb yokes in stock.  I jumped on it as my X52 (2004 purchase) really needs replacing.  What I'm wondering is can I continue to leave the X52 connected in order to use the throttle until the throttle unit comes out and I get one?  Or is the sim going to be confused by extra controllers like that?  Obviously I'll swap the pitch/roll axes etc to the Honeycomb and dump the rudder mapping but hoping not to have to use the keyboard to control the throttle until the Honeycomb throttle is available.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I'm not positive (haven't tried it myself), but suspect this should work.  I'd expect sim should read it as just another type of input controller and you'd be free to configure/map them however you'd like from there.  I don't think there's any particular restriction about having a single type of controller (though the default setup for it might be a little wonky).

• Like 1

Awesome thanks for the feedback guys.  I'm  super excited.  Wanted a yoke for years and it seems like it's finally happening.  Well, I want a throttle and rudder pedals as well, but I guess those will come.  I guess I'll have to pop auto-rudder back on though since I'll lose the twist rudder from the X52 stick for now.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I use a HC yoke simultaneously with a TM Hotas X stick and throttle.  No conflicts, everything works.  The main purpose of having the TM stuff installed is to have a throttle axis working until I get the HC Bravo (who knows when that'll actually ship?).  They all work well together and I never had to make any changes to key bindings and such. I use the native key bindings on the TM throttle for gear, flaps, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James Callan said:

I use a HC yoke simultaneously with a TM Hotas X stick and throttle.  No conflicts, everything works.  The main purpose of having the TM stuff installed is to have a throttle axis working until I get the HC Bravo (who knows when that'll actually ship?).  They all work well together and I never had to make any changes to key bindings and such. I use the native key bindings on the TM throttle for gear, flaps, etc.

Can also confirm it is not an issue, I use an XBox controller for camera and drone control views (as I don't like them on a flight controller) alongside TrackIR and Warthog controllers, TPR pedals and the Honeycomb Yoke all work fine.

• Like 1

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server